Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Housecleaning and a Snack

It seems like I can always find other things to do, rather than do the things I should be doing. Like cleaning house. I hate to admit this, but I hate to clean. I'd rather do just about anything else and I usually do. That is, until it gets so bad, I can hardly stand it. Well, it's bad so I better get busy.


I found this yesterday when I was blog surfing and now I don't remember where I got it. So, if I got it from you, please let me know so I can give you credit. It might just be one that is on a lot of blogs, I don't know.


Hey, did you see that cute little hillbilly girl on my sidebar? That's me circa 1972 at the old age of 7. I came across that picture yesterday when I was looking at some photo albums. That is probably one of my favorite childhood pictures of myself. I think I must have been playing in the backyard with my brothers that day and I just came in and my Mom must have thought I looked pretty cute so she took this picture. Notice the funky 70's sofa in the background? I'm not sure, but that may have been the sofa I had in college. I know I had one similar. Ugh!

The other day I promised to post about a simple snack idea. I'm sure some of you out there probably have made these, but for those of you who haven't, here it is.

Quick and Easy Cheese Crisps


Take whatever kind of cheese you have and grate it. I used cheddar and monterey jack.

Place mounds of cheese on parchment paper. Oops, I ran out so I used some waxed paper, which works okay, just not as good as parchment. I put paper on a cookie sheet first so it is easier to transport to the microwave.


Place in microwave and cook on high for three minutes.

Enjoy!


These are great to eat on their own (my daughter loves them) or they are good in salads or in soups instead of croutons.

Well, better get to cleaning!


12 comments:

karin said...

I love the sign! Especially since I HAVE to clean today as I have a bunch of people coming over for Halloween tomorrow! Maybe I can just paste the sign all over my messy house! Karin@creativechaos

Natasha Burns said...

wow how easy is that?!!! they look so delicious!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Wow! I think my Mother had the exact same couch as yours!!hahaha! (from your picture on your sidebar)

Your snacks look yummy! Right up my boy's alley. They love anything with cheese!

Linda said...

These are new to me and look yummy. Love cheese so I will be making some for sure:). Linda

Michelle said...

Yummy! Who doesn't like cheese?

Flea Market Queen said...

Cleaning...ugh! HATE it!
But those cheese crisps look delish...gonna try these for sure!
Priscilla

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Love that housecleaning sign AND totally agree with it too!

Sandi McBride said...

Good morning Lisa, just doing my Blogtraveling. Now that is sign I'd love to have as my own. May I borrow it? I'll have to try the cheese thingies for hubby...he's part mouse. Hey, and what is wrong with that couch? I had a swing coat out of that pattern once, I think.
xo
Sandi

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Those snacks look great!!!!!! Mind if I copy that pic of a clean house....?? LOL! Have a great day and tell your daughter she is pretty like her Momma!!!!

xo,
Becky

Mom of 2 Roses said...

I love your blog header! What beautiful pictures. Yummy anything cheesey is always good. I'll tell you a secret I don't like to clean either. Thanks for sharing the cheese snack.

Laurie

Lallee said...

I'm going straight in the kitchen to try these! I've done parmesan crisps in the oven, but never thought to try a soft cheese. Making them in the microwave is my kind of recipe!

Love your 70's pic!

Miss Gracie's House said...

I so hear ya! Why clean if you can be outside with a paintbrush?!!!