Monday, October 29, 2007

And The Winner Is...

Dede Warren from Dream Create Share



Second place prize goes to Amy from Washington. Amy makes the most wonderful pillows and things. She sells them on ebay under user id Vintage-Home.


Congratulations to the both of you! Please email me with your mailing addresses so I can get your packages in the mail.


Thank you to everyone who left comments on my blog. I was so glad you stopped by to enter my giveaway. I had so much fun doing this, I will probably do another Christmas themed one soon, so please come back and visit again.

As I mentioned in my last post, Isabel and I had a great time at the Antique Expo in Portland on Saturday. We were both excited about the prospect of finding some great treasures and this show didn't disappoint us. We found lots of cute and wonderful little things even though we were on the look out for a big, "Wow" treasure. Here is what I got:


My first find was the two ticking pillowcases. They are so pretty and a pattern I didn't already have which is amazing since I have so many. I also got the picture frame, vintage floral stripe wallpaper, clothes pin bag, tiny bird cage (complete with bird poop), bag of misc. jewelry, bag of crochet pieces, two different wedding toppers, glass vials, roll of satin ribbon and eiffel tower thingy. Click on pic for a close up.










Vintage flowers were the theme of the day for me. Do you think I got enough? I think I went a little crazy, but I just love them. I even bought this crazy hat just for the flowers, but after bringing it home and putting it on a vintage hat stand, I kind of think I will leave it alone for now.











And finally, this crewel rug. I love the colors, not sure about the pattern, it is a little too busy, I think, but I wanted a rug here and this will do for now until I find something else. Or maybe it will grow on me.









Isabel's first purchase of the day. Vintage lace and a little religious booklet with beautiful floral pictures.












This booth had the most gorgeous French enamel stuff. Love this roses coffee pot. Isabel loved this salt container.















Randy from Madison Park was there. He is just the nicest guy ever and is opening his own shop in Sellwood, November 9th. He always has the coolest stuff. Isabel bought this rose covered dress from Randy.














And now for the funniest thing we saw at Exp. Isn't it cute? Love the chippy paint. I would have bought it for my wedding topper collection, but it was too much money.
















Now for the funny part. What a crack up! Sorry, no pun intended!





12 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

LOL! Now that is a crack up!!!!!! ha! Congrats to the gals for winning your sweet treats!

Lisa, you know that I am ready to sell my house and move up there!! I cannot believe the fun things you find!!! A buyer's heaven! The millinary is wonderful!!! I never can find that many old flowers in one swoop! Perfect!

Have a great week!!

xo,
Becky

Sandi McBride said...

Oh my heavens! That is the funniest thing, and how much was it? I may have had to take up a collection to take it home Looks like you are having loads of fun, good going!

Linda said...

This show looks fabulous, wish I was closer. You got so much great stuff. Sweet wedding toppers and I cracked up when I saw the crack up. I love your rug, I think you will too after you live with it for awhile. Have a happy day. Linda

Amy said...

I don't know how I missed that funny crack up at the show - must have been distracted by some vintage fabric... ;-)

And thank you!! for the fun prize - can't wait to see it since I have an idea for it. Thanks Lisa! -amy

Flea Market Queen said...

Lisa...
How funny! I didn't expect that...
You made out! I am so jealous.
I have been on the search for millinary & couldn't find a one yesterday! Good for you...
Priscilla

Natasha Burns said...

And you are so funny for saying it's a crack up, lol too cute!
Of course you didn't buy too many vintage millinery flowers, you can never have too many! They're gorgeous and I love that hat! Congrats to the winners too!!!!

Dede Warren said...

Oh my heavens and stars!!! How did I ever get so lucky!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Doing the happy, happy dance!! shake my bootie, shake my bootie!!!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I would've loved to have been there! Too busy, darn! But looks like you found enough treasures for a few folks!

Michelle said...

Congratulations to the winners!

You made me laugh with this post!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Oh, it looks like you had such a fun time at the Antiques Expo!! So many wonderful finds! I'm so jealous of those vintage flowers! They are hard to find! I have also bought vintage hats for their flowers and when I took them apart it seemed so wrong! But I do enjoy using them in my artwork! :D
Michelle

Back Through Time said...

I am telling you, some of your new stuff looks exactly like what I buy and have!! I love your finds, you did great!

Aleta said...

Aha!! So that's why I couldn't find any millinery flowers.....you bought them all!!

I found lots of other treasures though!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta