Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What I love about my home!

I am a little late to the party, but better late than never I always say. My home is a newer craftsman style home. When we bought this place it was not what I would call my dream home. We had been looking for a new house for about 2 years with no success when friends of ours who had moved to Vermont called us and basically asked us if we wanted to buy their house as they were having trouble selling it. To make a long story short, we bought it and since then I have been able to make it into a home I love. My house is not what I would call "decorated," but has evolved and has a definite lived-in look to it. It is usually a big mess unless we are expecting company. I have an antiques business so my finds/projects are usually everywhere much to my husband's dismay. Some of the pictures I am showing are ones I have already posted on my blog, some are new pictures. I hope you enjoy taking a peak at why I love my home.


A cute shelf in my bedroom with lots of yummy stuff.














A corner of my living room. Note the unfinished corner cabinet with tole trays and victorian figurines. Maybe someday I will get around to painting it.
















A picture of my back deck. I love our backyard even though it is a mess right now and needs lots of work. It is very lush and green, (gotta love Oregon rain) and I think monkeys might be living back there. We have big plans for the back yard including a shed and a flag stone area with a fire pit and lots of landscaping.








Another corner of my living room.
























Another corner cabinet (this one is painted) in my bedroom with lots of my collections.























My husband made this wood cornice for a corner window in our bedroom. More space to show off my treasures, yeah!














Inside a rustic cabinet, odds and ends that make me smile just looking at them.
















A shot of my bedroom. I love chenille bedspreads, they are so cozy!
















Wall of landscape prints in what we call the front
room. I call it my "staging area."
















China cabinet with lots of mix and match china from flea markets and family members.




















Downstairs "Powder Room." Love this sign. Got it on ebay awhile back.





















Well, that's it for now. So, why do I love my home? I love it because it is filled with things collected over time that make me smile and warm my heart, and it's where I spend my time with the ones I hold dearest of all, my family. Don't forget to check out all the Why I love my Home partiers by visiting Karla at her blog.

8 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

wow, love the collections! thanks for joining!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa!!! Your home is like walking through a flower garden! So cute, colorful and full of cottage cutiepieness (new word..)!!!!! I see many things that I have or had like yours. The "hads" I have sold and now regret! Love the craftsman style of the outside. So stylish and pretty! More pics please....you should be in a magazine. How many tole trays do you own? Great collection!!!

xoxoxo,

Becky

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Lisa! I love your style! You've got a great blog and a beautiful home!

Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)
http://jacarandacottage.blogspot.com/

Sweet Remembrance said...

Lisa...I LOVE YOUR HOME!
It is so me...
I love everything about it.
Absolutely charming...
Priscilla

Lallee said...

Your home just oozes char, Lisa, from the outside in. I love seeing every single little detail. I'm a little envious of all your tole trays I have to say. Your collection is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Your home is one of those that just makes one happy to see it..... the style, the colors, the beautiful collections!
Thank you for sharing that happiness with us!
:)

Anonymous said...

Your home is divine!

blessings said...

I needed a breather today so I've been relaxing for a few minutes and strolling through some of your old posts. I love your pictures. Thanks for having such good taste =) Blessings.. Polly