Wednesday, September 26, 2007

More of Isabel's Eye Candy Home

Yesterday was fun being part of Karla's Romantic Country Home Party. So fun to see everyone's pictures. If you haven't taken a look you can do so here.



Just met my friend Bobbie for breakfast at a local diner. Yummy biscuits and gravy! So much for the diet, huh? It was fun catching up with her. She is the sweetest and so fun. We are going to get together again next week. The weather has definitely turned here. Pretty cool today. Suppose to have rain tomorrow and Friday. So, since I need to be working on some projects and I don't know where to start, I thought I would start by showing you some more pictures of Isabel's lovely home.
One of two corner cabinets in Isabel's bedroom. She got this one at Monticello. It has the best chippy paint and she added the beautiful wallpaper on the back. As you can see, this is the home to Isabel's vintage pin money bank collection. A couple of her vintage purses are hanging on the wall and just a peak of one of the lamp shades Isabel makes. She makes the most gorgeous lampshades and made one for me recently which I just love.













The other corner cabinet. This one holds her wedding topper collection along with vintage baby and mother items. Isabel has a huge collection of mother prints. I don't think she had hung them yet. Will have to get a picture of them when she does, or maybe she will have her own blog by then. No pressure Isabel!

Wall of Victorian lady prints in bedroom.

And finally, a simple lamp Isabel threw a cute pink slip over the shade, and voila, instant cuteness!

I hope you enjoyed the tour of Isabel's home.

On another note, my dear husband tells me this morning that he has two weeks off of work at Christmas and what do I think about going to Mexico for a vacation! Wow, I couldn't believe it. We went to Ixtapa for our honeymoon several years ago, but this time we would take the kids. So, my job now is to research vacation packages, resorts, what have you. Any suggestions on a family friendly place to go in Mexico would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

Lallee said...

Isabelle has some amazing collections. I loved enlarging the pictures to see all the details. Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

Your friend and you have such great tastes and alike too! Where on earth do you girls find all the pin moneies??? I have one and am lucky if I see one a year where I live and that one will be missing petals! I was intrigued to see I believe it was at Isabelle's the little book planter which I am obsessed with! I never seen one with those roses yet! great post and love your shelving!! Lori