Thursday, September 20, 2007

Flea Market and a New Project

This is where I'll be for the next two days. I signed on to do a mini flea market in my town. They have been having them monthly. Only about 8-10 dealers so pretty small. I don't have a clue how I'll do. As you can see, I have a pretty small space. A 6 foot table actually and space underneath, a little bit on the side and a teensy bit behind. I still don't have enough room for all my stuff and I intentionally only brought small items. I am never good at estimating how much will fit in my space. So wish me luck!


You would have thought that I would have spent the day getting prepared for the flea market, but no. As soon as I dropped the kids off at school, I hit three thrift stores and an antique mall. What fun! I found lots of great stuff. All smalls which is a good thing as my husband has made it very clear that I shouldn't be bringing home any more big furniture.

Here's a picture of what I got:

I found some vintage slips and a nightgown, two vintage floral sheets, bag of plastic doll heads, rose cottage piggy bank, tole silent butler, three bags of birds, wedding topper, little rose pitcher, metal bull dog, a bunch of vintage keys, black and white picture of boy and girl, two brass easels, cherub tin, vintage doll wedding dress, big wood spool, rhinestone pin, crusty plant holder, toast rack, glass bowl with silver holder and spoon, pretty porcelain lady with pink lace, Victorian looking oval picture, and cute wood cabinet.







Here are some close up pictures.

I might use the doll head in some kind of scary Halloween decorating thing. I'll let you know.
























The little wood cabinet was just screaming to be sanded. It had an ugly sponge painted finish on it.

Here is what it looks like after I sanded it. Much better, right. Now I just need to decide what color to paint it. I'm thinking either a sage green or maybe aqua. It is a really nice older solid piece. The drawers are a little on the stinky side, but I can fix that.

I finally finished up one of the projects I was working on, but since I'm getting tired, I will show you in my next post. Have a fun weekend!

4 comments:

Flea Market Queen said...

Lisa...you always find the bestest stuff! You lucky girl.
Good luck at the flea market...
Priscilla

Denise S. said...

I need to go junkin with you girl,you find such treasures!

I do have a favor to ask though,I will be in Portland in a little over a week and might be there on Saturday and wondered just which flea markets are the best. I goggled them and there are so many I wouldn't know where to begin. Thanks so much!

Elzie said...

So many lovely things you're showing us today. The "box" that you fixed was just lovely.
Love Elzie

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

OOOOO, I missed this one! Super finds there young lady!!! To get old smells out of boxes, cut up some russet potatoes or an apple. Put them on some plastic wrap inside the drawers and leave them there for a week. They should absorb the smells. Charcoal works, too, but is messy.
I wish I was near you cause I'd be going to your flea market. Tell us how it went!!!

Becky