Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Say Hello to my Little Friend



This is Bo Peep! She's my new little friend. I spotted her at Goodwill over a month ago with a price tag for 9.99. Well, I just thought that was too much money so I passed her by. Every week when I stopped in I would see her peaking out of the glass case by the register and every time I would think about getting her I would look at the price and talk myself out of it. She was pretty cute, but I just didn't want to pay that much for her.



So, yesterday I stopped in to return a pair of pants I bought for my son that didn't fit and I noticed that it was orange tag 50% off week. Well, Bo had an orange tag so I snatched her up and took her home with me. She really is lovely and has wonderful detail and crazing that comes with age. Even her nails are painted. On the bottom it says "hand painted EM 49 Bo Peep" so I'm thinking she was done in 1949 which would make her pretty old. Whoever owned her took really good care of her as she doesn't have any chips or repairs that I could see.





Here is a side view that shows her basket and hat.
















So much for my resolve to not shop. After I went to Goodwill I ran over to JoAnn's for some crafting supplies. Of course I forgot my coupons. Today will be spent cleaning, re-organizing and working on some projects I mentioned last week. I hope to be able to share them with you before the week is over. Before I forget, waiting for me in the mail yesterday was the gadget holder I bought at Lalee's Etsy store awhile ago. I just love it and it is the perfect size for my camera.
Have a great Tuesday!

P.S. I solved the problem with the picture enlarging. For some reason I can only enlarge a picture when I put it in the left side, not the center. I haven't tried the right side yet. Not sure why this is, but now I know that was the problem.

7 comments:

blessings said...

Isn't it funny, Lisa, how we think that $9.99 is just too much?! I do that too. The thing is... there's always another great deal. Sometimes you find something that's a "Oh holy moly, I have to have that" find. Sometimes you wait it out. Good for you!!! Blessings... Polly

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

So cute! And I love that little purse the Lallee made! Her work is perfect! I just got my prize today that I won for her contest on giving Milo a caption. It is a needle case, however she made one with white thread, red trim and it has an adorable Scotty Dog button! Have a great day, Lisa! xo, Becky

Webmaster said...

You clearly have discerning taste, both in selecting cute things and waiting for the sale! Bo is precious, and I love the little purse. :)

Sharon said...

Hi, found you through other friends blogs and thought I would say hi. You seem to love all the same things I do. Nothing is more fun then finding a treasure at a bargin price.

Back Through Time said...

Hi Lisa! I found you through someone elses blog. You seem to like a lot of what I like. Stop by and visit sometime! I will be back!:-)
Michelle

Lori said...

Your blog is so sweet it makes chocolate seem dull!!! You've a find in Bo Peep!! Come visit soon! Lori

Sandi McBride said...

Oh, BoPeep is lovely...and 1949...now that's not so old, do you think? I don't blame you though...I'd have snatched her up, too! Teapots and teacups are my thing...