Saturday, September 8, 2007

Well, school started and I didn't lose that 10 lbs. I wanted. I don't think I lost any for that matter. So depressing. I went walking this morning first thing when I got up, but then I decided to try out the cupcake recipe I saw on Becky' blog. They were super yummy. Okay, that's why I can't lose weight. I love my sweets!


Today was the official start of soccer season and this year only my daughter is playing. She had her pictures, first game today, but before that, I talked my husband into going over to this estate sale I went to yesterday. This sale was part 2 of a sale I went to several weeks ago. Let me just say that the prices were very high, but today everything was 1/2 off, so off we went. Here is a picture of what I took home.


Cute little shopping cart, bird cage (what is with the bird cages lately, I seem to be drawn to them), three crochet pot holders, one in the shape of stripy pants, tin of buttons, thread spool holder, lots of yummy ribbon, embroidered dish towel, set of tin trays all ready for me to practice tole painting on them and a little picture frame. I forgot to take a picture of a sweet little tattered dress I found. It will probably fit me but it is pretty raggedy so I'm not sure I will wear it. Maybe a dress for the mannequin. So that is it. I hit a couple thrift stores yesterday on my way back from Monticello, and came up with nada. Very disappointing! That's okay because tomorrow Isabel and I are going to the Coburg Antique Show. It is about 1 1/2 hours away and we want to get there early so we will be leaving tomorrow at 5:30 am. Yikes! I went to this show last year and it is a lot of fun. Lots of great treasures are waiting for me, I just know it. Our good friends, Joy and Diane will be there selling too! Fun times!


Other than that, I am working on a couple projects which I will share next week. TTFN!


7 comments:

Sweet Remembrance said...

You found great things at the estate sale! Have fun tomorrow...
Priscilla

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Hi! I just met Becky and now you...I love both of your blogs!

blessings said...

You got some great stuff at the sale! I really love all the rose paintings up on your shelf. I'm trying to gather enough to do a whole wall. It's fun trying to find them. Blessings... Polly

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Chirp Chirp! Gotta love those bird cages!! ha ha!!!! Great things you found and I hope that you are selling all kinds of goodies today! xo, Becky

PS: Glad that you liked the cupcake recipe! Ditto on trying to lose weight. It is hard when there are tempting treats about!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Hi there! I just saw you live in Sherwood, I was just there this morning (on my way to George Fox where my daughter goes to college!). I live in SW Portland, almost to downtown in Hillsdale!

Glad to find your blog, I really enjoy meeting people that live so close! And that have such lovely blogs!

Melissa

http://theinspiredroom.wordpress.com

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Cupcakes keep us from losing weight? Really? Who knew?

Ummmm.....ribbon...... Ribbon can always make us happy, can't it? You found some neat things!

I really enjoyed seeing your collections a few posts down, too.

Are you sure cupcakes keep us from losing weight?