Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Just Some Miscellaneous Stuff

Yesterday did the usual Monticello run. Had to clean up the booth after the big sale they had over the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to see several items gone and lots of holes in our booth. So I spent some time rearranging and did a little shopping too. I'm not doing a very good job at not shopping, but when you have a booth at the nicest antique mall in Oregon, what's a girl to do. It was so nice not to have to rush home like I usually do. With the kids in school now I have a lot more time. Oh, and also hit a couple thrift stores coming and going. Here is the stuff I got.


You can click to get a better close up view.







I got the cute sewing cabinet and little landscape painting at goodwill, the blue hanging thingy, napkin cart, glass candy jar with lid and metal tidbit tray all came from the deseret shop. Ticking pillow and pink crepe paper and decorations came from value village. And finally I got the french lady print, etched mirror, floral fabric, cute apron, wedding topper, bag of buttons, and white top from Monticello. I went a little crazy there, I know. But everything was a really good deal. The apron is just precious. I tried to take a picture of me wearing it, but it just didn't turn out very good. I will try to get a better picture later.


Anyway, this is where the big candy jar ended up. It's in my sewing/craft/guest room. This room is a disaster right now so this is all you will see of it today. Unfortunately this room doesn't get cleaned up very often. Usually when we have company coming then I do a huge clean up. It's silly really as I always just love it so much when it's cleaned up and it really inspires me to work on projects. It's so much easier to do that when everything is in it's place, but no, I just plod on in the mess that it is. Maybe next week I will get motivated to clean up and take some pictures to show you.



Speaking of pictures, I was trying out the macro feature on my camera today and here is what I shot.



Well, I don't think any professional photographers have to worry about losing their jobs to me, but it was kind of fun. I really love the picture of my manni and all of her (my) necklaces. Kinda cute, huh?

I just realized that I never did finish those projects I talked about last week. They are still about half way done, I keep finding other things to do it seems. Starting projects is always fun, but somewhere along the way I tend to lose interest and have trouble getting back to them. I guess I get bored easily. I will try to work on them a little this week. No promises though.

Tomorrow, please check out my blog as I am going to show some pictures of my good friend and biz partner, Isabel's collections. She has a wonderful eye and always finds the most beautiful treasures. Going to her house is painful as I always see about a million things that I wish I had. Until tomorrow then...

7 comments:

Back Through Time said...

I really like your handpainted porcelain pins!! I have several. Do you collect them or just happen to have them? Great photos by the way!
Michelle

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Hmmm..... you aren't interested in selling that etched mirror, are you??? I have a collection of many splintered pieces of a beautiful etched mirror that someone in my family broke (I won't say who...) and was just curious about yours. Just let me know if you are caring to sell!

I have enjoyed lurking your sight for quite awhile, and sure enough every once inawhile I come out from hiding! Have a good day!

Diane

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Hmmm.... again..... being new to this blogger stuff, I don't know if you can get to my email address this way or not - so here it is (in code, if you know what I mean!) dcarlson11553(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Lovely pictures, and I especially like the pink pin money bank and those pink S&P's!
So pretty!
:)

Auntie Joy said...

Hi Lisa
Tell me when you'll be around and we can set a date... The problem being Mr. Kindergarten..
I think your pics are wonderful. It's not as easy as it looks..
JOY

Lallee said...

I love everything you found! You're off to a great start with the macro, too. Loved seeing the close ups of your treasures.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Lisa! You have such fun collections and I really like the manniquin wearing her denim jacket and all of the necklaces. Do you know that I have the same Popesco necklace with the crown and the heart? Yup! Love all of your other ones, too. Wonderful collection of pins! You are amazing!!!!!

xo,

Becky