Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thanks Polly!

Yesterday was the first day both kids were back at school. Hooray! I did miss them though. My son announced upon returning home that school was "boring" while my daughter said it was fun and that she made three new friends.

I spent the day doing a little thrift shopping and having lunch with my husband. I also hit a couple of antique malls. Here is what I found.



Kind of slim pickins today but the cute hooked rug, tackle box, strange 50's woman pictures and two pillow forms (not pictured) were found at Goodwill. I got piece of lace and rose chintz fabric from one of the antique malls. I love the fabric and can't wait to use it in some way. Jacket, shopping cart liner, pillow, who knows? The lace I will probably use on a shelf or cabinet.

When I got home I found the most wonderful package in the mail from my new blog friend, Polly. She is the sweetest ever and if you haven't checked out her blog, please do so. Here is what was in the package she sent me.

Such lovely fabric! Lots of projects waiting to happen, I'm sure!
Well, I better go get busy with my day. Lots of fun stuff while the kiddies are at school. Grocery shopping, laundry, general house clean-up, etc. Maybe I'll even have time for a shower today, wee hoo! Toodles!

*Hey can someone tell me why some pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them, while others can't?

4 comments:

blessings said...

No idea about the pics (I spent all day putting a simple song video on). Oh, I'm so glad that you like all the fabrics! Make lots of wonderful things. Blessings... Polly

Sweet Remembrance said...

Beautiful fabric...
I'm sure you will make wonderful things!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Polly,

I had to laugh about your son saying school was boring. My son says that every day. While my daughter wrote on her chalkboard in her room, "it is going to be a great year!" Two totally different kids with completely different attitudes!

Melissa

http://theinspiredroom.wordpress.com

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oops, that is what I get for typing so fast, I mean LISA! not Polly..., sorry!