Friday, August 17, 2007

TGIF


It has been a great but busy week for us. So glad it is the weekend. I just love Fridays. Where we live, there are lots of garage sales on Fridays so if you like thrifting like me, it is a great way to get a jump start on the weekend. Here is what I bought today:

Two vintage wood chairs, two old metal tool boxes, pair of embroidered pillowcases, yellow roses sheet, floral ralph lauren sheet, sheer drapery panel with pink roses, little wood drawer, lace pillow, cream pottery planter, vintage muffin tin, two bird cages, vintage floral print, bamboo easel, ceramic bird, pyrex casserole dish, vintage pencil tin, cellulose vanity pieces, two cement garden squirrels, a concrete deer, mini ironing board and four small trellises.

I've noticed lately that tend to find multiples of items in the same day. For example, the chairs, tool boxes, bird cages. I guess my eyes are just trained to look for those items. I don't know for sure. Anyway, I was really happy with my finds and certainly didn't pay much for anything.

I also managed to track down a copy of the new Somerset Artful Blogging magazine. Wow, what eye candy. I totally have blog envy. I got it at Barnes and Noble if you are looking for it.

Had a great day at Joy's yesterday. Of course I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures. But the kids had a great time playing with all of the farm cats and I had fun sewing and chatting with Joy and her sister Toni. Thanks for the fun time Joy. I'm so lucky to have you in my life.

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wonderful finds! And I did not know there was a blogging magazine! I will have to look for it next time I am in B&N!
Penny

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Lisa! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and welcome to the world of blogging! You and I have A LOT in common! Looks like you sew like I do. As a matter of fact, I have a similar white iron bench that I am planning on making a cushion that ties onto it. I will add you to my list of favorites and check back with you! Looks like you scored and I love all that you got..especially the bird cages and squirrels! Becky

blessings said...

Hi Lisa. Ooooh, you got some good stuff at the garage sales!! Isn't it just ridiculous that I'm trying to weed through all the fabric and yet I see your sheers and think, "I want some of those!"?! It's a disease, I tell ya! =) Blessings... Polly

colleen said...

Great finds! I've been picking a lot of Pyrex and toolboxes lately. Glad I'm not the only one!