I have more photos to share with you, but I am having trouble with blogger right now. Will try again later. If you are in the Portland area and would like to visit Madison Park Antiques, the address is:
7805 SW 13th, Portland, OR
And now for the game where I am suppose to share 6 facts/things about myself and then tag 6 others to play. Thanks Sandi for thinking of me!
If you have been reading my blog regularly you may remember this post. Well, here goes with 6 more strange/weird/funny/interesting things about yours truly.
1. My shoes must always match something else I am wearing. I'm serious. If I am wearing black shoes, I must have something else on that is black. Even if it is only a belt or earrings. This probably explains why I have 10 pairs of converse tennis shoes all in different colors. I also happen to love converse tennis shoes.
2. I absolutely hate long toenails. They totally gross me out and if you are a good friend of mine, I will tell you if you need to cut them. (Sorry Isabel :)
3. I can sing the entire French National Anthem. I learned it in high school to get extra credit in my French class and strangely enough it is one thing that has stuck with me all these years. If I ever meet you in person, ask me and I will sing it for you, but you will most likely wish you hadn't asked as I am a terrible singer.
4. The summer I turned 20 I found myself without a job so I answered an ad to work in Yellowstone National Park as a housekeeper, took a Greyhound bus there and had one of the best times of my life. Everyone that worked there was hired over the phone so there were some really strange/interesting people, but mostly fun. The parties we had were a blast. I was sad to see the summer end and go back to school.
5. If I could have any talent/skill it would be two things. I would love to speak French fluently and with a proper accent and I would be thrilled to be able to paint roses. Good, realistic looking roses like Christie Repasy.
6. I met my husband my senior year in college. I was sitting in a local hang out with some friends and he walked in. I thought he was so cute and told one of my friends who said, "Oh, that's ****." She knew him from freshman year as one of her friends used to date him. Anyway, he got his food and came over to sit by us. The first thing out of my mouth to him was, "you know, when you weren't looking, they dropped your hamburger on the floor." (They really didn't) He must have thought I was a lunatic. I think that was winter term and we started dating in spring term and have been together ever since, over 20 years, so I must have done something right.
Don't you wish you lived next door to me? ha ha So now that you know what a weirdo/dork I am, it's my turn to tag 6 others and they are:
Laurie at Mom of 2 Roses
Julia at Julia's Junket
Rene at Miss Gracies House
Kim at Vintage Pretties
Cindy at My Romantic Home
Joy at A Day in the Life
And Joy, this is the second time I tagged you and since you didn't play last time, you better this time, okay?:) (just kidding, I'll still love you even if you don't)
Have a fun day everyone!