Sunday, November 4, 2007

Flea Market Fun

On Friday I worked at my kid's former elementary school and will be going back again on Monday and Tuesday. It was fun to see my friend Shelley again and to meet Denise who is the new lunch lady there. Both are super nice and they just happened to be having their fall potluck (the teachers and staff) so there was lots of yummy food to sample. The homemade mac 'n cheese was the best. Can't remember what I did yesterday, I think I took it easy and watched a couple movies while my main squeeze was off fishing. My son went to the zoo yesterday with a new friend and my daughter had her second to the last soccer game of the season. It was a beautiful sunny day. Couldn't have asked for better weather for enjoying the game.

This morning my hubby and I headed over to the Polk County Flea Market. As soon as we got there we split up and did our shopping separately. Joy met me there and we had great fun hunting for treasures. She found a lot more treasures than I did, but I was happy with what I got. The best part was the biscuits and gravy and hashbrowns we had for breakfast. Yummy and not at all fattening. Here is a picture of what I found.

I spotted the chenille bedspread the second I got in the door. It is a really cute pattern and will only need a little soak to make it look as good as new. The little pink roses invites I couldn't pass up. Too cute! I also bought 5 crochet hangers, some cool metallic silver rick rack (great for holiday collages), a pretty vintage book with pink floral cover, cute vintage sweater clip, stained glass box, ceramic doggy and the cutest teensy, weensy plastic clothes pins. Oh yeah, I forgot the scary bear. He had a green sweater on, but it was too hideous. I will dress him/her in some cute vintage doll clothes.


Here's a picture of Joy and me waiting patiently for our food. Don't we look cute and happy? My hubby snapped this pic for us. Please note Joy's little trunk in between us. She has big plans to use this vintage gas mask case(?) for a holiday project. Hopefully she will post the completed project on her blog. Boy my hair looks messy. Oh, please click on the picture for a close up of Joy's new pin she found at the flea market. It came in a little jar with some other cool junk and I made her wear it. (FYI, Joy is not quite yet a Senior.) I was cracking up. Just thinking about that pin makes me giggle for some weird reason.

On the way home we stopped off at a thrift store and for $11.00 all got all of these cute trinkets and a vintage brass and marble lamp which I will keep.
I have the perfect spot for it. Only now I need a shade for it. Will have to come up with something creative and cute. Maybe just an old shade frame with some ribbon and some scattered flowers? I don't know yet, will have to work on that one. I think I need to go shopping at Chez Isabel.

Now that I'm home I have a million things to do, including the dirty dishes in the sink from yesterday, but I think I will just take a little nap. It is the weekend afterall and the dishes will still be there when I wake up.
*Update, didn't get the nap, but did do the dishes.


Thanks so much for all the great bloggidy love and sweet comments regarding my first crafter's challenge. It was so fun and now I am inspired to do more collages. I have some really cute and crusty ceiling tin pieces that would make a great backdrop for some collages. Maybe even some Christmas themed ones too. Stay tuned!

18 comments:

Auntie Joy said...

Oh I hope everyone clicks on our picture, maybe that shirt was a little tooooo low. Sure glad we have a picture of that in case I ever try and deny it!!! I told you I was a Senior in High School!!! Had a great time and of course I also did some shopping on the way home. Too bad you didn't get a picture of us eatting!!
JOY!

Flea Market Queen said...

Another great flea market for you!
I always love your goods...
I love the pin BTW!
Sounds like you and Joy had a fabulous time...
Priscilla

Natasha Burns said...

You always find the most gorgeous stuff! LOL on the 'too low' top, it looks fine to me! You both look great and so happy!

Sandi McBride said...

Looks like you had a great time and made some fantastic buys. Non fattening biscuits and gravy? Must have had mommy magic in it, lol.

Lallee said...

OK, I'm ready to trade flea markets with you! I always love what you come home with. I did pick up a little bear at the thrift the other day. When I got home, I wasn't sure why I bought him, but he was too cute to pass up. I'll have to work on some clothes for mine, too. Looking forward to seeing how you dress him and your wonderful lamp!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I am LOL'ing about Joy's pin! And Joy, if you are reading Lisa's comment, you look great - low shirt or not! Both of you are so pretty and look like so much fun to hang with! Great trunk Joy!

Lisa, you just find the best stuff! Love, love, love the hangers, chenille and lamp! Very chic bracelet there, too! Have a great week!!! Off to finish a tote and my dishes will have to wait!

xo,
Becky

Carrie said...

My, you found some nice things and at great prices. I also just got a thrift store lamp without a shade. See my Nov 4 post.
http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com

Dede Warren said...

Ooh Lisa I love all the bling and the great lamp. Don'tcha love what $11 will buy in the right place?! Gotta love a good thrift store.

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

such fabulous pictures!!!! I love all the goodies you found!!!

Karin said...

I love that chenille bedspread!!! Looks like you both had a good time and scored some good stuff!
Karin@creativechaos

blessings said...

That pin's hysterical!! I'm so glad you have someone to junk with. My friend Carrie is great for that. Too bad she doesn't have a blog. Hmmmm.. maybe I should harass her about it =) Blessings... Polly

Scrappy Moments said...

you found some great Flea Market finds :0) How fun!!!


Angie

Esther Sunday said...

What a fun time!

Betty said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Now tell me the recipe for non fat gravy and hash browns?!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Great finds! I like the chenille bedspread best of all!
And yes you and Joy look cute and happy!
:)

Back Through Time said...

I always love your flea market treasures you find!! Sounds like you had a great time!
Michelle

Linda said...

You all looked liked you were having a great time and what great treasures you found. Love the sweet bedspread, and what a great lamp. Can't wait to see how you finish it off. Linda

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. LOL Mary