Friday, April 4, 2008

Thursday's Thriftin Finds

Decided to hit a few thrift stores yesterday and I'm really glad I did. I should have been home working on some projects, but shopping is way more fun. I did the usual Goodwill, Value Village, Salvation Army route and this is what I found to bring home.




Cute scrolly wicker shelf, floral tin, decanter, two vintage jewelry box (only one shown), vintage baby ben clock, glass jar, brass towel holder, handpainted trinket box, vintage hankies, revolving display thingy, two clipboards, miscellaneous crocheted doilies, crocheted collar, pink bath pillow, glass paper weight and vintage plastic bowl. Sorry my picture is so dark, but if you click on it you will be able to see the individual items better. I scored at Value Village with several 50% items and a 30% coupon on all non sale items.



Close up of the clock and trinket box.




I also found this snowy white chenille spread. Large enough for my queen. Not a vintage one, but still pretty.




Here is a close up of the jewelry box dancer. She is a little underdressed, but I love that she doesn't just twirl when the music is playing, her legs dangle too.



When I got home from thrifting, I had a couple packages waiting in the mail for me. One was this lot of vintage rhinestone jewelry that I bought on ebay for a song.











This rhinestone tiara came in the same package.





















This one too. Not so vintage, but maybe I'll wear it when I go out clubbing. ha ha

I also got these five vintage watch bands on Etsy. I have some ideas for these.
















Last weekend I went to Monticello for my weekly visit and of course could not resist stopping at a few thrift stores along the way. Here are a few of the things I found that day. Little handmade vintage box with drawers (already gave this one a makeover with some paint), vintage suitcase, wood folding stand.

















Rose still life painting.




















And finally, another shopping cart and another lap desk. This one is a lot bigger than the other ones I found and will get a make over with some creamy paint.




That's all I have to show you for now. My next post will be on Sunday when I am participating in Analise and Cerri's "Show & Tell Sunday." Should be a lot of fun so make sure to come for a visit then. Until then, have a great weekend!

14 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

WOW!! You found some amazing things!! Don't you just love it when that happens? Love love those watches...xxoo, Dawn

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the watches. Great stuff Lisa! Hope to see you soon, M.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

What awesome things you have found. Have a beautiful weekend...Mary

Linda said...

More wonderful finds. I love the hankies and anything crocheted:). Have a great weekend. Linda

Michelle said...

Wow! It would be hard to pick a favorite..you got some great things. Have a wonderful weekend.

Michelle

the said...

I love seeing what you find! Im going Goodwilling tomorrow and Im very excited!! I hope to have your luck with finding new treasures!
I really like the big glass jar you have. You can never have enough jars!
Stephanie

cherished*vintage said...

Ok so I'm loving that floral tin, it looks like it's pretty big which is very cool. We were in sync with the chenille thing this week - too funny! I really need to sort through my stash of chenille but I have a really hard time parting with any. I don't know how you can buy all the great stuff you do and not want to keep it all.
-Karoline
Oh, if you don't win my giveaway, I can surely make you your own tote. I have lots and lots of vintage tablecloths to choose from.

Natasha Burns said...

wonderful!!! you always find incredible things Lisa! I adore the rhinestone goodies, and you got them for a song, I am so jealous, lol!

Sandi McBride said...

Why is it that you find such great things at the thrift shops and all I find is stuff I would have pitched on the trash heap, lol? I love the chennile spread and all those neat watches, lol...you had a great day~!
Sandi

. said...

Hi love reading your blog. I also love to flea! France oh I went last year. I'm thinking of posting some more pictures. Thanks for visiting my blog. Denise

. said...

Hi love reading your blog. I also love to flea! France oh I went last year. I'm thinking of posting some more pictures. Thanks for visiting my blog. Denise

Lallee said...

Lisa, I enjoyed catching up on your blog. I always enjoy seeing your thrift finds. I love the old crochet pieces in the jar. I must do that! Your button collection is awesome!

Hugs,
Lallee

Adrienne said...

You sure found some wonderful things yesterday. I took my dear little mother to Monticello yesterday. We were in there for quite a few hours. Lunch and shopping. I came away with just 3 things this time. Will go back soon. Where is your booth? I wasn't sure and didn't ask at the front desk. We just loved it and want to make it one of our regular stops. I shared a bit about our day there on my blog today. Will share more soon. ~Adrienne~

Aleta said...

You find the BEST stuff!! How come I never see it resurface at Monticello? Are you keeping it all? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta