Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm a Lucky Girl, Part Deux

I finally got my swap package to Heather mailed out yesterday. Aren't you glad? Now you don't have to hear me talk about it any more. When I got home from work, I had a lovely surprise waiting for me. Okay, it wasn't a surprise as I knew it was coming, but I was so excited to see Heather's package in my mailbox. I had shown this sneaky peak from Heather's blog last week.



Now, I hesitate to show you all the fabulous stuff that was inside. I mean, I don't want to make you all jealous or anything. Okay, maybe I want to make you a little jealous. ha ha But seriously, I just have to show you. Let me say though, how amazed I was that Heather was able to get so much in such a small box. The "trunk" was an old sewing machine drawer that Heather painted white. So cute and useful for holding lots of my little treasures. This is what was inside:

gorgeous vintage wallpaper, little cards made by Heather and a couple vintage greeting cards, little lace box with rhinestone pin and the most lovely rhinestone button I have ever seen, glass buttons, ledger papers, victorian catalogue pages, velvet ribbons, millinery roses, an adorable piece of ticking fabric, pink glitter in a sweet little bottle, hankies, diecuts, gold and MOP pill box with ribbon roses, sweet little match box, the most beautiful lace doily, half doll, little cameo, pieces of lace, piece of barkcloth fabric, paper roses and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.



I truly am a lucky girl. I only hope that Heather is half as happy with my gifts as I am with hers. I knew that her trunk would be fabulous, but I wasn't prepared for how generous she was. If there was a store called "Everything Lisa Loves" I'm sure this is where all of this wonderful "junque" would have come from. Thank you so much Heather! I'll be your swap partner any time!

Working today and again tomorrow. I leave on Thursday for my trip to Southern CA and the Long Beach Flea Market. I am so excited I can barely stand it. I know lots of bloggers like to go to this flea market, so if you see me, please stop me and say hi. That is if you can catch me. I'll most likely be in a vintage shopping frenzy. Gotta see it all. Have a great day!

20 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

omg!!! look at all that fabulocity!!!
yummy!!
love your banner! so sweet.
oxoxox,
jessi

Pat said...

Lisa, I have never seen so much come out of such a little container......and it's just gorgeous! You two have certainly managed to make your swap something memorable. Two lucky girls! Go, have a safe and happy trip and show us all your goodies when you return. (Yes, we will be VERY jealous!!)
Travel safe.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. So many beautiful things.

I just found your blog, and it is lovely.

Thanks for sharing.

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Who wouldn't be jealous of all them goodies!!

How lovely... they say the best things come in small packages!

Victoria x

Alison Gibbs said...

OMG how did she fit all those goodies in there. She must be one great packer!!
So many gorgeous goodies for you
Alison

Natasha Burns said...

so much beauty! yes, i am definitely jealous, though I have been spolied by that sweet girl a few times myself and she really does go all-out doesn't she!

Rose Garden Romantic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose Garden Romantic said...

Everything is gorgeous!! I love it all! Lucky girl!! I Am jealous of all those goodies and also that you get to go to the Long Beach antique market!! Have fun! I can't wait to see what treasures you find!!
Michelle

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Hi Lisa! SOOOO happy you loved your junque box. I truly had so much fun creating it for you.... I am a definate junker at heart! lol Also, don't know if you looked at the words on the magazine pages but I remember you said you loved French book pages... the magazine is french! :))

Have a wonderful time at the flea market and I hope you find some fun treasures for yourself! We would have so much fun shopping together wouldn't we?

xoxo

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

gosh lisa! look at the goodies.. awww you lucky girl!.. so many pretty stuff! awesome! now you make me jealous!.. :-)

Unknown said...

You are a lucky girl! What treasures she sent you and well worth the anticipation! I can't believe she fit all that in one of those drawers. I have some of those and she packed well!

Kindredly,
Lynne Laura

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Lisa!
OOOhLaLa!!!!! I'M TOTALLY GREEN. WHAT A GOOOOOORGEOUS treasure trove!
I especially like your new BLING!
Have a fun trip,
~L~

LiLi M. said...

I'm in Heather's swap too, but as I told Lori already, I'm happy to see this after I have sent my trunk. Lucky you and of course I'm a bit jealous, who wouldn't be? Compliments to Heather!

Michelle said...

What a great swap gift! Have a wonderful trip.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh...that was one happy swap! You ARE a lucky girl! enjoy your trip. I am MORE than jealous! Amy (Poppy & Ivy)

Anonymous said...

Yikes I loove everything!!

pinkroses said...

Fabulous swap, such treasures! I hope you have fun at the Flea Market...can't wait to see pictures of your finds! Safe travels...xo suzanne

Jennifer said...

Oh you are a very lucky girl. Heather has such great taste!!!!!

Sandi McBride said...

Lucky is simply not the word for it! When I think of the most fantastic word for you, I'll be back!
hugs
Sandi

Pinkie Denise said...

Oh, what a wonderful swap package, I am just a little bit jealous, just teasing, enjoy all your pretty and the flea market how fun...Pinkie Denise