Monday, April 21, 2008

My California Trip Part One

Once again I missed the boat and didn't participate in the Show and Tell Sunday. Yesterday was suppose to be Vintage Bling. I got home last night from my trip and was just too tired. Had to work this morning and now I'm finally doing a post. Maybe I'll show off my bling another time.

My trip to California was just wonderful. I took a ton of pictures, worthy of at least two posts. On Friday, my dad and I headed over to the La Maison Rustique Barn Sale in Temecula. It was a beautiful sunny day which I really needed as it has been so soggy up here in the great Pacific NW.




It was great to see these gals again. From the left, Sherry, Joy, Linda, Tracy. The sale itself was awesome. So many wonderful treasures. As I said, I took lots of pictures so here are just a few of the many things for sale.










As I was looking around I met this sweet little gal and I asked her if she was working there or just shopping. She said that she had some things for sale. I asked her if she had a blog. She said no, but she had a website. I asked her what it was and when she said "Christie Repasy," I couldn't believe it. I have admired her paintings for years and would give anything to be able to paint roses like she does. She was very sweet and down to earth and said she "has a thing for roses too." I pretty much knew that. So Christie, if you are reading this, it was a real pleasure meeting you. Thanks so much for chatting with me.




Here is a picture of Christie's sister-in-law Rita with Sherry. Rita makes the prettiest pillows out of fabulous fabrics.

I bought more than I thought I would at the barn sale. I thought I would just get one of Sherry's t-shirts, but I ended up getting one of her lovely necklaces too. After the barn sale, my dad and I went to a couple of my favorite shops in Temecula and found a few little things. While at "Serendipity" I ran into a fellow blogger, Debbie. Turns out we have both visited each others blogs before. What fun!

So, here's a few pictures of what I bought on Friday.



I love this t-shirt I got from Sherry. She has a few other styles as well and I think you can buy them on her blog too.

My favorite purchase of the whole weekend was this cabinet. Did I ever mention that I have a thing for cute little cabinets? I do and I absolutely love this one. I seriously have a lot of cute cabinets, maybe I will just sell one to make room for this cutie. Love the aqua paint and knobs. Not sure yet where I will put it, but I'm sure I will find a place for it somewhere.

On Saturday my Dad and I played tennis (he murdered me), had a delicious breakfast at my favorite restaurant in Temecula, the Swing Inn and went to see the new movie, "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." Seriously funny, but if you are at all bothered by full frontal male nudity, you might want to skip it.

Well, this post is getting extremely long. I want to share with you my day at the Long Beach Flea Market so I will do that on my next post. Lots more pictures of some great vintage eye candy. Au revoir!

32 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what a fun time you had.
Getting to meet up with some wonderful blog gals too!
Have a great week
Alison

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to meet you...I am adding you to my Favorites!! What a Great blog you have!! i can't beleive I never new about you!!
Smiles
Joy

. said...

Hi I didn't get to meet you at the barn thanks for all the shots. Come on over and say Hi! Denise

joyh82 said...

sounds like a great weekend with many good finds. love that wicker baby carrage too.

Anonymous said...

Missed you by a day!!! What a bummer! Great pictures! awwww...maybe next time we will have to coordinate it. Talk to you soon! karin

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Sounds like you had fun! Can't wait to read the flea market post. Cute cabinet. I love that little pink stove!!

Debbie Kay said...

Lisa:

Oooohhhh I love the little cabinet, great find! Glad you enjoyed the trip and it was so neat to meet you at Serendipity. Can't wait to see more....

Debbie

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Your blog was one of those "oh my" moments for me. The minute it loaded I felt like I hit the jackpot. Your post was great AND your links are too. You have made my evening wonderful! I am adding you to my links. I don't want to miss part two!

Bristol said...

I just love reading your blog, what a wonderful time you had in california. What a great sale~
Bristol

Anonymous said...

Lisa!!!! It was so great to see you again....great pictures too!
Enjoy your Tee shirt and necklace Girlfriend!I will add you to my Fav's.

liz elayne lamoreux said...

it sounds like you had a wonderful time! love that t-shirt! and it is fabulous that you got to meet up with some bloggers as well.

Queen of Tarte said...

Wow...sounds like a great trip!!! Can't wait to see the photos from Long Beach. xoxo

cherished*vintage said...

Ok, so I'm so jealous...Christie Repasy! How cool is that! The barn looks fun. You could have just posted that fab decked out sparkly mirror alone for show & tell bling. It surely has it goin' on. Can't wait to see your finds from Long Beach too. Glad your home safe.
-Karoline

Anonymous said...

What fun! Love all of the pics you took - and that t-shirt is to die for!

Anonymous said...

I am having so much fun looking thru your blog!! How cool that you met Christie....I just bought a couple of prints from her site. I love her style!!

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend! I'm jealous. It looks like it was warm and sunny, too! Great pictures and great stuff in them! Glad you're back! M.

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos...you gals look like you had a ball...wish i lived there... :( ann

Pat said...

Lisa, Looks like you had a great time! I think all you girls are just the best....and what wonderful things to look at....I love that mirror too. Is that your Dad looking at books? It's a great photo and he's cute!! Thanks for sharing and I'll look forward to the next installment...glad you had a nice trip! Pat at birdnestontheground

Anonymous said...

Love that mirror! That is beautiful. And all the photos are so inspiring. Makes me want to get out and shop!
Brenda

pinkroses said...

Oh what a fun weekend you had with your dad...I too can't wait to see the flea market pictures! Glad you're home safely! xo suzanne

Sandi McBride said...

When you go shopping, you go shopping! My kind of girl...
Sandi

Barbara said...

oh soooo much fun!!! thanks soo much for sharing!!! the season of flea's is just beginning here..wooo hoooooo

Anonymous said...

How fun! I bet it was so nice to meet everyone. And I hope you enjoyed the sunshine!! :)

Teresa

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

ok, so I LOVE that pink stove and I WANT It!!! wow!!! I wonder if it was a fortune to buy??

Looks like you had an awesome time...hope you found lots of treasures. looking forward to your next post! xoxo

the said...

Oh my! You had a blast ! I hope I can go to Farm Chicks this year, because Im sure we will have cool pics like these !
I wish there were more places like the ones you visited around here!!
Have a good evening,
Stephanie

Kathy said...

I visited your blog today for the first time - love it. I fell in love with the bejeweled mirror you found on your trip - did you buy it? I may have to make one of those! I visited the artist's web site you mentioned. Her things are spectacular! A also paint but I admit I can't do roses like Christie...incentive to work harder on those roses! Have a wonderful, wonderful day!
Kathy@ Mimi's Garden

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Lisa - Lisa - Lisa! I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip and how cool is that that you DAD went shopping with you! Good job, DAD!!!

Wayyyyy cool to meet Christie and that little cabinet is just as cute as a bug's ear!

I will have to go to the barn someday. Looks like a lot of fun and great company, too!

xo
Becky

Miss Gracie's House said...

Lucky you! What a fun trip-to get to go to the barn sale and with your Dad! I bet your heart was racing when you found out it was Christy Repasy! I love those t-shirts too and have been wanting one~ I love the tattered but chic line...
Have a great day!
Rene'

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Oh, how I wish I could shop there!! And you got to meet Christie Repasy, too?? I LOVE her rose paintings!! Sounds like you had lots of fun on your trip. Can't wait to see more pretty photos!!
Michelle

Linda said...

Your trip was wonderful...I loved seeing all the great picture and how fun to meet all these neat ladies. You sure found great goodies too. Linda

{oc cottage} said...

Sounds like a great trip! You sure packed a lot into it!!! Christie is really nice, isn't she...it's seems so amazing that anyone who can paint like that isn't just floating around with wings on!

M

Cindy said...

What an adorable sale!

c