Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sunshine! Wee Hoo!

I can't believe we finally have sunshine here in the PNW! It has been an unusually wet and dreary spring. I hope the sun will stick around for awhile. I have lots of painting to do and I'd love to finally get out in the yard and work a bit. It's really a mess.

I had to work my lunch lady job a couple days this week, but I did manage to squeeze in a little thrifting too. Are you at all surprised? On Tuesday I did my usual goodwill, value village, salvation army boutique run. I even made a quick trip into the cancer society thrift store where it's usually hit or miss. Value Village had blue tag .99 day and fortunately I found quite a few blue tags. Here is a picture of my Tuesday finds.

Cute hand made vintage cabinet with drawers, little spice shelf thingy, floral wallpaper hat box, little white shelf, ticking travel pillow, glass and brass box, cute cottage style clock, jewelry box (I'm definitely keeping this one), metal mesh tray, wire tractor and vintage crochet hangers.




Isn't this little gal cute? What really sold me on her is her Princess Edith sash, not to mention her lovely dress and crown. Not sure hold old she is, but I've never seen a princess doll like this before.


Close up of the little tractor. Perfect for Farm Chicks!



On Tuesday, Joy and Isabel came over to work on some projects. Here's Joy cutting out a liner for her shopping cart. Notice the dresser/ cutting table? I got that a couple weeks ago on craigslist. It's in great shape. Just needs new knobs and a little sanding and it's good to go.





On Thursday I headed over to Monticello to straighten up the booth before the big sale they are having this weekend. On my way over I made a few thrifty stops and got these goodies. Pillowcases, floral quilted sham, rose fabric box, silver sugar/creamer set, metal mesh holder thingy, clip board, tool caddy and bag of trim pieces.







Oh yeah, I forgot to show you the picture of the box I sent to Heather for her Junque in my Trunk swap. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the inside of the box, but you can see them on Heather's blog here.

Awhile back I was asked to post some blogging advice which was pretty funny as I was and still am a blog dork and I am amazed each and every time I am able to put together a decent post. One thing I think I should have added though, was it's important for people to be able to email you through your blog. A lot of times I don't want to comment, but I want to send an email and I am always frustrated when there is no link to do so. You can either put a link on your sidebar to your email address or like me, put it in your profile. Boy, do I sound bossy, or what? But seriously, sometimes someone will comment on my blog and ask a specific question. When I go to their blog to answer, I sometimes have no way to do so other than leave a comment which isn't always appropriate.

So, soccer this morning and then I will be a painting maniac. Hope you all have a truly wonderful weekend!

18 comments:

The Apron Queen said...

Couldn't stay away for S&T Sunday! Missed the button challenge, so decided to show off my vintage buttons! You can go right over here.

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

cherished*vintage said...

Hey Lisa - So I think I've figured out that people seem to donate a lot cooler stuff to charity down in your parts. I can never find pillows like that... Oh, and I appreciate the blog advice. I finally figured out how to add my email addy to my profile. I'm learning. :o) Thanks!
-Karoline

Anonymous said...

OMG - I live in the middle of nowhere... Wish we had places like that to shop. Our Flea Market is Seasonal!! I really Love your Blog!!
Love, Marilyn

Michelle said...

What a wonderful trip! I really enjoyed all the photographs.

Michelle

Lori said...

Wow-si-wow, great finds!! Great dolly too! Last post you sure met some great gals!! Gosh we had such awesome flea markets here!! Ours are booth of beannie babies, dumb t-shirts and junk, not the good kind!!! Oh forgot neon fake flowers too!!! Have a fun week, Lori

Anonymous said...

hi lisa,
always love the stuff you find! i am not that far from oregon and have made some trips up your way and came home with great stuff.
the ticking stripe travel pillow is fab...i used to find so many different patterns, but they are becoming scarce here in norcal.
thanks for sharing your finds...the next best thing to finding great stuff is seeing other people's great stuff!
karla
polka dot rose

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what fabulous finds. Love the princess doll
Alison

Bristol said...

What great finds. I really like the doll, very sweet. The picture of Joy working is that your work area? I love the look. Have a great Sunday.
Bristol

Sandi McBride said...

What a lovely little Princess she is. She looks familiar to me, but can't say why as I was into cops and robbers and cowboys and indians when I was a little girl...
Sandi

Dona said...

Love all your finds. My favorites are the church flea markets. Seems the parishners do want to be out donated with the good stuff They try to out do each other with their offerings, Can usually get alot of neat stuff.

Dona

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Hi Lisa,
I love the princess doll...so cute! I have a question maybe you can help me with. In reading your blogging hint about the e-mail...I get an Internet Explorer error message every time I try to e-mail someone thru a blog that says "could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed". What!? I'm not only a blog dork...I'm a computer dork. So I can't e-mail anyone thru here, I don't know if others can e-mail me or not, I have an e-mail link in my profile. I've checked all the "help"s in blogger and microsoft and have yet to find anything that could help me. So, sorry for the long comment but I'm desparate. If you or anyone reading this thinks they can help me...I would be ever so appreciative. Thanks.

Linda said...

You have the neatest places to find goodies...love all your finds..
Long Beach sounds like a blast and I love the sweet compact too. Hugs, Linda

Sarah said...

Fun! I have a little frenchy clock like that. It was my grandmothers and I remember it always sat on her nightstand.
Sarah
Vintage Lily

Anonymous said...

Oh that jewelry box is fantastic!! I love the wire tractor too. Isn't it hard to part with your finds??

I need to do more thrifting...if only the weather would stayb warm!!

Glenda said...

Well done you with all your finds. I get so excited when I find something in a thrift shop.
I also go to the antique shops a couple times a month.
You found some winners.

New to your site, glad I stopped by.

Glenda

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Oh how love seeing all your fun finds!! I SO want that chandelier in the previous post!! It's gorgeous!!!
Michelle

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

You found some amazing things...Have the best Wednesday ever...

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Hi Lisa! Your trip looks like it was so much fun. You always find such great things during your little trips out and about! Hope to see you soon - M.