Sunday, April 6, 2008

April Showers Bring Sunday Flowers

Today is "Show & Tell Sunday" and Analise and Cerri have asked us to show off our millinery flowers. I haven't been collecting vintage millinery flowers for very long, but I love them! So, on with my own little personal "flower show."
A lot of my favorite flowers live here in one of my vintage hat boxes.

A favorite pink rose.

I got this peachy pink velvet box from Isabel and I had the perfect flowers for it.


Some flowers on my new revolving rack.


Floppy red flowers.


Vintage hat and flowers found at the last Portland Antique Expo.


This box holds a few special things destined for the inspiration board I plan to make.

One of my favorite Monticello finds. A vintage basket with millinery already attached.

Here are a few ways I use vintage millinery in decorating my home.

My Grandma Pressley's vintage hats displayed in my bedroom.

On a pretty pink crinoline hanging in my sewing room.

On a silver tray, under a glass dome on a bookshelf in my living room.

In a bird cage with other pretties.

In a cabinet with some other special treasures.


On a vintage lamp in my entry.


I hope you enjoyed my "flower show today. Please make sure to check out Analise and Cerri's blogs for a list of other blogs who are participating in Show & Tell Sunday.


Going to the the flea market with Isabel this morning, so I'd better boogie! Have an awesome day!

28 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Lisa I love your millinery collection! That velvet box is amazing!!! Have fun at the flea market today!!

Jessi Nagy said...

you have a gorgeous flower collection! just beautiful
oxooxx,
jessi

Anonymous said...

Great!
Monica.

cherished*vintage said...

Ok, so for not collecting for very long, you have an impressive collection! Your vignettes are so pretty. You always show something I want. I gotta find me an old basket purse with millinery on it now... Beautiful stuff!!
-Karoline

Babsarella said...

What a wonderful selection of flowers and great idea for displaying the hats. Thanks for sharing your terrific collection!

LiLi M. said...

I love your hatbox too! And those hats that once belonged to your grandma look gorgeous on that rack, I like that picture. Quite different from the hats my grandma wore. Love your collection!

Roxie Morrow said...

Your Grandma's hat collection is so very beautiful. I love the blue and white one. Very soft and romantic looking. Your flower pics have been very inspiring today. Thank you.

Betty said...

Beautiful! I love the way you have them displayed in your home. I'm really going to have to keep my eye out for more hats now!

Alisa Noble said...

I enjoyed your "flower show" very much! So glad you shared.
Alisa

bluemuf said...

Beautiful collection.

Karen

leesiebella said...

Lisa~

Your collection is so beautiful! I really love the pink velvet box! YUM!!

Well, all of your flowers are just gorgeous!!

Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

xo
Analise

Little Pink Studio said...

I love your collection! Your Grandma's hats are just darling too!
I also love the way you decorate around your house with them! So pretty!
Thank you for playing along!
~Cerri xoxo

Mrs.Kwitty said...

What fun that you have your beautiful flowers scattered around your home--making everything just a little bit prettier! That blue and white flowery concoction is just fantabulous!
Smiles, Karen

The Apron Queen said...

Wow! What a collection. I love that you display them throughout your home.

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Sandi McBride said...

Wow Lisa, now I love those...I wish I had to shop to show off pretties...course I couldn't sell them...I tried to count your roses, but it is impossible!
Sandi

roseroomnz.com said...

Beautiful collection:) Rachael

Anonymous said...

Such pretty displays with the flowers! I especially like the glass dome and the bird cage.

Journal Swag said...

Very pretty collection! Your house looks pretty too!

Sheila
halohill.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Oh I love that peachy velvet box and that sweet lamp by your entry!!! I haven't been collected millinery very long either. You have a great collection though!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Love your millinery flowers Lisa!!! You have such a pretty collection. :)) Hope you had a great day at the flea market.

xo Heather

Bristol said...

I love the velvet box, it is so pretty. I really like how you have your grandma's hats displayed in your room.
Have a great week
Bristol

Anonymous said...

DROOLING over your fab millinery collection - what a treasure trove Lisa!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I like the ones destined for the inspiration board...come grab me when you show it!

Linda said...

I think your collection is just wonderful. I've just begun collecting millinery flowers, I don't see many.
I love the bssket and your grandma's hats are treasures. Hugs, Linda

Rose Garden Romantic said...

I enjoyed the show!! What a fabulous collection!!
Michelle

Margo said...

Your grandma's hats are beautifully displayed! Love the lamp too.
Margo

Jennifer said...

wow, you have the prettiest collection i have seen. you must have been collecting for forever!

jenny

Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh I adore your millenery collection *sigh! Looks like I live in the wrong country, cause I can't seem to find them here, so my post looks really sad compared to yours. Loved your botton collection too!
Best wishes from Germany sends
Carola