Monday, April 7, 2008

Flea Markets and Friends, A Great Combo

Isabel and I had a great time at the flea market Sunday. We got there early, but apparently not early enough, because by the time we found Joy, she had bought all the cute stuff. Not really, but she did get some really cute things which I'm sure if she gets her act together, and now that she is finished with her taxes, she will share on her blog :)

Isabel and Joy all smiles.






We also ran into Diane (Molly Mo's) and Martha. Here they are all smiling because they all found some really great stuff.






Here's a picture of what I found. Neat huge vintage suitcase, glass lamp, lampshade frame, pearls, bags of buttons and fixer upper rhinestone bling, little pink cup, pink foot massager, and neat blue box. In one of the bags of jewels was a really neat vintage ladies watch. A bulova. That was worth the $5 price alone.





These are the coolest things I saw at the flea market. Two pink dental cabinets. I have seen these go for a lot on ebay. Of course by the time I saw them they were being bought by my good friend Diane.

We needed to head home so we didn't get any of the yummy hash browns with gravy that I love. Oh well, sure didn't need it anyway.

On Saturday, my daughter and I went mattress shopping. What fun! (kidding) I had just gotten her a new (vintage) black metal bed frame ($25.00 on craigslist-gotta love it!) and she really needed a new mattress to go with it. We were successful and found a good one at a good price. But, the best part of the day is that I stopped at a couple estate sales along the way. I didn't find much, but was really happy with what I got.


Cute vintage pink plastic cabinet, fabric vanity tray with roses, more pearls, pearl and rhinestone hair pins, old metal lunch box, pink & white striped pillowcases, crocheted runner, vintage slip and two hankies.

I worked my lunch lady job today and will go back again on Wednesday. Tomorrow I promised Isabel that I would help her get her blog up and running. I am so excited that Isabel will finally have a blog and will provide a link to it from my blog. She has some incredible collections and is an amazingly talented seamstress/quilter. I can't wait for you so see her fun stuff.


Pictured on the left is another rhinestone lot I won on ebay. I always hate to say "won" as it sounds like I didn't have to pay for it, but of course, I did. Not much though.



I have a little trip coming up next week that I am excited to share with you. I will be heading south to see my Dad in Temecula and go to the Long Beach Flea Market. So, until then, no more thrifting/shopping/ebay/ craigslist. I only have a week and a half to go so you would think that wouldn't be too hard, but for someone like me, it is. Anyway, just want to make sure I have some moola to spend down south.
Have you seen this yet? I swiped this photo off of Heather's flickr page. OMG! This is beautiful. It is her swap for me for the "Junque in my Trunk" swap she is hosting. I am embarrassed to say that I have had her goodies ready for about two weeks now, just haven't decorated the box. I will get on that right away as this little beauty is probably on it's way shortly and I know that Heather's other two swap partners, Niki and Lori have already sent theirs to Heather. Oops! I am in the company of some very talented ladies. I hope my package doesn't suffer by comparison. My only consolation is that I know Heather will love what's inside the "trunk."
This post took me a really long time as I was having trouble posting pictures. Blogger just wouldn't let me yesterday so now it is being published in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.

17 comments:

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Hi Lori! I love all of your gorgeous finds. You have such an eye for pretty things! Glad you love your sweet box of junque... :) I sent you an email to ask you if you want to be surprised about what is inside?? I thought you had sent yours already and was feeling so much pressure to get mine done!! lol I am glad to hear you didn't... :) take your time, mail date isn't until the 15th. :))

Can't wait to see your friends new blog! Have a great day, xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like a great day flea market hunting! :)

Brieanne
Vintage At Heart

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

What neat fleamarket finds! We need to have one of those around here! Thanks for sharing.

Rose Garden Romantic said...

You found lots of treasures! What a lovely lot of rhinestone jewelry!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I need to hit this flea market once of these days! I love that pink dental cabinet...would have snapped that up. Good luck next week at the Long Beach Flea Market...altho you ALWAYS seem to find good stuff.

Lola Enchanted said...

Wow what lovely things! your giving me goose-bumps!!!!~
Just amazing!

Esther Sunday said...

What wonderful items! And such a fun time! Those dental cabinets - awesome! Unique looking. Love, Esther

Journal Swag said...

What scores you made!! I do adore the pink dental cabinets Diane snagged too! Looks like fun!

Hugs,
Sheila
halohill.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

What great finds. Love the hair pins and DANG! those pink dental cabinets. Looks like everyone had a good time shopping. And...by the way mattress shopping is the worst! HA
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Kathy said...

Hi Lisa, this is Kathy from Colbycottage and I'm curious, being so new to blogging, which format you use for your blog. It looks really great and by the way I love your finds. What fun!! We have our blog up now,could you give any tips/or critique? Thanks so much Kathy

Auntie Joy said...

Hi Lisa,
Well I certainly seem to be having a great time in your photos... I guess I was just happy with all my great "early bird" finds...

Not to worry my dear your package for the swap is fabulous!!
See you soon
JOY!

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Lori,
What wonderful finds!
And the eBay gems too!

Can't wait to receive Heather's trunk, can you?!!!

Niki

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Wow! What a great haul!! I'm with you...there is nothing like flea markets and friends!
I’ve tagged you for a book tag. If you're interested you can find the rules on my blog. Please only participate only if it sounds like fun. I won’t be offended if you choose not to.
Thanks!
Lisa B.

Linda said...

Great goodies...I love the fabric vanity tray. Can't wait to see what you find at the Long Beach Flea. Linda

Sandi McBride said...

What beautiful finds you have here Lisa...I'm threatening a move so I can have a treasure trove to show off! Our fleamarket has turned into a wonderland of overseas cheap crap...brand new and pirated, you know? I love the old stuff...you done good girl, really good!
Sandi

the said...

Wow, you guys had alot of fun !
I want to go to that flea market . I have never heard of it!! Please pass on the info!!
Have a good one :)
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,

LOVE all this stuff! Those dental cabinets were amazing. And pink, to boot! Divine!