Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm off!

Just a quick post to say that I'll be back from my trip on Sunday night. Just in time to participate in Sunday's Show & Tell. This week featuring vintage bling! One of my favorite collections.

My honey got back from his trip to Japan yesterday and boy was I glad to see him. He had a great but short trip. When I got home from work yesterday he was home waiting and couldn't wait to show me this.

Let me explain. The day before he left for his trip, he was out in garage working on some project. I went out there to be with him and ended up taking apart a vintage dress form I had out there that had ugly fabric covering it. Well, I took the whole thing apart and left the dress form in pieces hoping that I would remember how to put it back together. I was so touched that he did it for me. And the best part, I didn't even ask him to do it. Now, my hubby is a pretty tolerant guy to put up with all my stuff, and if asked, he'll help me on projects from time to time, but he has never just done something like this for me without out me asking him. I almost cried.

I will be taking this girl to farm chicks where she will be outfitted in a vintage crinoline and some pretty necklaces.



Here she is modeling an apron I had Joy make for me.

And finally, I finished my very own shopping cart liner for my cart. I thought about taking it on my trip with me, but I decided I just don't want to bother with it this time. I love how cute it turned out.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

18 comments:

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

I love the basket liner! I need one for my black cart. You got a lot of great things in the swap, lucky you. I found your blog while browsing another.....you have a sweet blog and I too have a thing for roses.

Rose Garden Romantic said...

How sweet is your husband? That's so nice! I would love a dress form like that. The vintage apron is SO pretty!! Have fun in California! I can't wait to see your vintage bling and maybe you will come home with some new vintage bling from your trip!

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what a sweetheart your hubby is.
Love the new liner in your cart
Alison

liz elayne lamoreux said...

such a fantastic husband you have to do that for you! can't wait to see her outfitted at farm chicks.

your basket liner is wonderful...

twinkle teaches said...

What a sweetie! :) tina

Sandi McBride said...

Now who but you would have thought to make a basket liner? Very very chic my dear! I love your dress form...I had a great wire dress form that I kept in my bedroom that belonged to my great grandmother...in all the moves we did somehow it went missing...I just hope that whoever has her now is loving her like I did! Enjoy California dreamin' and take lots of pics to show us!
Sandi

Linda said...

What a sweetie. Love your cart liner...have fun. Linda

Charmingdesigns said...

Your shopping cart liner is wonderful! You get to go to Temecula for the sale??? I am going in July, I'm going to try to get to their the Barn SALE. I would love to know how you liked it. I can only imagine what the prices are, in that area. laurie

Pinkie Denise said...

I love your dress form, when I was at a flea market I saw a woman who covered them with vintage rose fabric, they were so pretty....I want
to make a liner for my shopping basket yours looks so lovely...Pinkie
Denise

Sarah said...

LOVE THAT SHOPPING CART insert! oh my goodness! I need to make one for mine but haven't yet. Maybe this will inspire me. My husband thought I was absolutely crazy when I requested a metal shopping cart for Christmas. He said, "Are you for real" Now when I drag him to the outdoor flea markets...he gets it!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

lola said...

hola muy bonito tu blog,visita mi blog,gracias

Pikiteniang Swefil said...

Wow! the shopping vagn is fantastic! I just love it.

I guess, i can make mine but for a laundry box. Hmmm...

Tnx for the inspiration.

I jst want to leave some of my footprints & say Hi!

Have a nice sunday.

greetings from Stockholm,
//chie

Check my swedish blog:
http://richiesliv.blogg.se

the said...

I really like the apron and my daughter just made her cart liner. She is using her cart as a laundry basket !!
Thanks for the great pics :)
Stephanie

Debbie Kay said...

Hi Lisa:

So nice to meet you at Serendipity after we both left "the barn". Wow some fabulous finds there eh? I will visit you blog often and enjoyed meeting you....

Debbie Kay

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

What a great hubby you have!! Love that dress form and that cart liner! Too cute!

Becky
xo

Anonymous said...

Just think your shopping cart liner is beautiful!! What a talent you are!!
Enjoy your day!!
Hugs to you....
Marilyn

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

It all looks so beautiful; wish I could go there! Thanks for sharing the pretty pics! :)

Leaon Mary said...

Hey Lisa,
You are a PRO at the cart liners!
WOW... and glad you got to spend time with your Dad. You are blessed!
Welcome back,
Lea