Thursday, June 18, 2009

Funky Junk Sisters and I'm Committed or Should Be

On Sunday, Isabel, Joy and I made the drive to Puyallup, WA (about 2 1/2 hours north of us), to attend the first ever Funky Junk Sisters Antique Show. We decided Sunday would be better as we thought it would be less busy and we'd be able to have more time to chat with the vendors there.

Funky Junk gals and Mom

Tiffany and Isabel

Me, Tiffany and Isabel


Laura, Timi, and Me



Jill and her sweet mom, Judy


It was fun to get to see and actually talk with the lovely Debi Kennedy of Retreat. She had an awesome booth at Farm Chicks and was so busy there, we never got the chance to chat. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of her and her sweet hubby, Bob. Also on my "talked to and didn't get a picture" list is Debbie of Ormolulu. She was also at Farm Chicks the week before. I first met Debbie when we were neighbors at the Monticello Fall Premier show last year. She is so sweet and funny.

After leaving the show we headed to the town of Sumner, where we found Amy and Kris's store, Todays Country Store. So many wonderful things to look at, I forgot to take pictures inside.


Isabel, Joy and Terri

Again, wish I had taken more pictures, but you can see Isabel's great one's here. On the way home we stopped at a couple Goodwill's and we all found some treasures there as well.

Here is my loot from the weekend.

Not a lot, but I love what I got!

On another note, I have some exciting news. Monday I went with my friend, Mitzi to the Stars Mall where she is opening her second booth and I signed a contract for a new space in the Stars and Splendid Mall. I'm super excited, a little nervous, but mosting excited. Even though I have a few shows coming up this summer, I just decided that I needed to reclaim my house. I brought so much stuff back from Farm Chicks and have no where to store it. I thought about renting a storage unit, but that would be like throwing money away for me, so when Mitzi told me that there was a lot of movement going on over at Stars, I thought I would check it out.

One of the reasons I'm excited about this new booth is that it will be completely different from my space at Monticello. My Monticello space will remain cute and girly with lots of pastels and roses. My Stars space will be lots of neutrals, (whites, creams, browns, blacks, metals, etc). I have a lot of organizing, retagging, swapping of stuff to do, but I'm really looking forward to it. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I move into my new booth on Monday. Yikes!


On top of all this, we are having a "vintage sale garage sale" coming up on the 26th and 27th. Me, Isabel, Mitzi and our friend Karen, all of us dealers are cleaning out our homes, mall spaces and garages and getting rid of the old. The sale will be held in Mitzi's front yard. I'll post the address soon if you are in the area and would like to come. We'd love to see you!

That's it for me now. I'll be back soon with pictures of my new space.

16 comments:

melanie said...

so glad that you are headed to STARS. I have a booth in STARS, and on July 2nd I am moving into a booth in SPLENDID, too! I have had great success at STARS, and I am sure you will,too! will be so fun to bump in to you there!
congrats on your move and expansion!

Florence said...

I am glad that my friend and I went to The Funky Junk sale and now I know why we did not see you all, because we went on Saturday. We went to the goodwill and the salvation army just found a few treasures there. We did find some great things at The Funky Junk Sisters Sale. I got some great photos too. I will post them too. I have one more post for Farm Chicks to do then on to The Funky chicks. I loved to come to the garage sale.

marble rose said...

Oh wow - it all looks so lovely - I had to double take at the location - you ladies look more quintessentially 'English' than the English here!

trash talk said...

Y'all look too stinking cute for words!
How exciting for you. I remember when Stars would be in Home Companion a lot. Do the same people own it? It always looked like a great place to shop and really trend setting! What a great oppotunity. Good luck and get cracking!
Debbie

Sammy Girl said...

AWESOME! It sounds like you had SO MUCH FUN ... and lots of exciting things! Did you say move in MONDAY! Wow, girl! I have to be in Salem, but will be in soon. Also, will plan on being at your garage sale!
Have a great (and sounds like BUSY) weekend!
Hugs!
Betty :)
ps - I'm having fun tomorrow with a class from Lisa Kaus!

Jill said...

So nice to meet you at Funky Junk! I've looked at your blog for so long! Think I'll link to mine...
Glad you had fun and made the trip!
Jill

Stephanie said...

Hey there!! It was good seeing you today, I hope you show us some of your treasures ! That sale was over the top, Im going back later :)
I have enjoyed looking at your pics from your travels lately, looks like you have been having way too much fun!!
Take Care :)
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Still loving that new doo. Cute, cute! Glad you are moving into my neck of the woods....I seem to hit stars about once a week! Looks like I missed a fun show.

shabbyscraps said...

oh my, I bet you will have the best garage sale west of the mississippi!!! I wish I could make it! I love stars, my second fav place after montes so its a good thing!! Love the pics of us from this last weekend!
xoxo, Tiffany

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

What fantastic loot, I have same taste as I would have bought all these things too!
Have a great weekend!
Isabelle x

Barn House said...

I just don't know how you all had the energy for another road trip!?!? It looks like it was a great show!!

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Thanks for sharing your pics and fun from the Funky Junk Sisters and your treasures from Goodwill. I so enjoy living vicariously through the spending and experiences of others :-).
Can't wait to see pics of your new girly booth.

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what a fun time you have been having
Alison

Miss Gracie's House said...

Wow, that is exciting news about *Stars*-just one more reason to get to Portland to shop! I hear ya on re-claiming your house:) Just don't wear yourself out-I struggled when I was at more than 1 place. Can't wait to see the *new* look- I've divided my space into the 2 looks-but the girly look is still what is selling here...
My daughter is loving her *bling* from Farm Chicks...so glad you did well AND had fun! I didn't want to leave:)
Rene'
thanks you so much for the kind words you left for me.

Amy'svintagecottage said...

It was so great to see all you darling girls again. Thanks for coming out and supporting our Funky Junk Show and visiting the store in Sumner.
My you are a busy girl too!
Keep on junkin!
xoxo
Amy
www.todayscountrystore.typepad.com

mimi charmante said...

June? Your last post was in June??? I hope that is because you are so busy getting ready to be at the Flea this weekend!
xo