Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blast from the Past

Last night I got together with some old high school buddies I recently reconnected with on facebook. We met at a local restaurant and spent a few hours gabbing, getting caught up on each other's lives and talking about what other old friends are now doing. Such fun! I could have spent many more hours laughing with these guys, but a couple of the gals had a long drive ahead of them so we said our goodbyes and talked about getting together again soon. I hope we do. Here is a picture of me and a few of my high school buddies.

From left to right are me (of course), my friend Michelle, who was my locker partner all the way through high school, Tracy, (currently living in Southern California) who was on the cheerleading squad with me from 8th grade through senior year, and finally, Lesley who I played softball with freshman and sophomore years, but she moved away after Junior year.

It's always fun to make new friends and I have loved all the new friends I have made the last year and a half that I have had this blog, but there is just something about friends from your past. They know all the funny/ embarrassing stories about you. Especially stories that you conveniently have forgotten and they are not shy about reminding you of them either. As I get older I am sad that I have forgotten lots of things about my youth so it's nice to have friends to remind you about the good times too.

Now that I'm on Facebook, I am really having a blast reconnecting with friends from my past. If you are not on FB, what are you waiting for? Be warned however, it's highly addictive.

Just realized that this is my 200th post! I can't believe it. As I mentioned on my last post, I will be heading to California tomorrow to visit family. When I get back, I promise to post pictures from my trip and I will definitely have a fun giveaway to celebrate. TTFN!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, I just popped over from The Rustic Victorian...Loved your blog name! I am very new to blogging and am just getting around. That's so great that you got to meet some dear long-time friends, love the photo, too!
Just wanted to say hi and you have a new follower:)
~lynn

Maison Douce said...

Congrats, Lisa!!! I'm slowly creeping into the 100th... And I owe all to you!!
Isabel

Adrienne said...

Hi Lisa - You're so right! Facebook is addictive. My kids finally talked me into joining. Since I joined last night I can hardly stay off the computer. The fun part is that I reconnected with a friend I lost track of about twenty years ago. I'm afraid I won't get any work done now. ~Adrienne~

Kathy said...

Hi Lisa, so nice to see you at Monticello. Have a great trip to CA. Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have just spent a very enjoyable hour or so going through your lovely blog. I'd like to add you to my fav. blog list if it's ok?
You are so lucky (well you did say you are a lucky girl in some of the posts!) to have such treasures available to you. I so enjoyed drooling over all the lovely goodies! Best wishes ...Pam in Ireland.

Barn House said...

That's really cool...I don't talk to anyone from High School. Out with the old, in with the new! lol

J-

Made In The South said...

It is so fun to reconnect with friends. Can't wait to see pics. from your trip..

Anonymous said...

Wow 200 post thats amazing. I look forward to many more of your posts. Have lots of fun on your trip and can't wait to see the pictures when you get back..
Stephenie

Rebecca said...

I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Isn't Facebook just awesome?!

Hope you have a great trip.
Rebecca

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

I'm on facebook too and having a great time reconnecting with old friends. Isn't it the best?! A few of us also got together a few days ago. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa!!!
It was so nice to see you....Farm Chicks or Bust!!!!
Chat soon!!!
Sherry

Gail said...

Hi Lisa!
It sure looks like you and your peeps had fun together!
Thanks for the comment on my blog, funny you recognized the wallpaper....the funny thing is the paper you sent me was exactly the right size to cover those, I didn't even have to cut them to size...guess it was meant to be.
I haven't forgotten my promise to you either....something yummy will be forthcoming....
Gail

Miss Gracie's House said...

I haven't ventured into Facebook yet...I do NOT need another distraction...LOL.

Can't wait to see your pics from CA!
Rene'

Journal Swag said...

What a sweet thing to do! Looks like you had fun.

Hugs,
Sheila