Friday, February 1, 2008

My Newest Favorite Old Thing and a Little Valentine Love

Yesterday on my way home from being lunch lady at the high school, I decided to stop at that antique mall where I used to have a booth, just to look around and see if anything jumped out at me. Well, something did and I'm in love. Here it is.



I can't believe I found this. It is probably the prettiest vintage shoe organizer I have ever seen. Love, love, love the fabric and it is in perfect shape. In fact, I don't think it was ever used as there is really no way to hang it. I won't tell you how much I paid for it because it was more than I normally would spend, but I didn't care and I splurged anyway. My thinking is that I get such great deals on a lot of stuff, that it's okay to splurge once in awhile on something really special, and to me, this is. I still can't believe it's mine. Okay, I know, I am officially gushing, but I know some of you out there will "get it."









On to the valentine love part of this post. I promised to show you what came in the mail the other day. My very first swap, my vintage heart swap, I was partnered with Barb from Lavender Lollipop Lane. Wow, did she ever "get me." Here are a couple pictures of what she sent me.










Just look at all of these lovelys, and pink roses galore!















She even made this adorable little bracelet, just for me. See my name on it? And, I just love those vintage buttons.














Barb, just sent me a note to tell me my package arrived to her, so now it's safe to show you the swap I sent her.











Pretty pink & red box I found at Cindy's last sale.




Here's what was inside. Swirly lollipop, bag of vintage valentines for crafts, heart shaped lavender sachet, sweet tarts, heart shaped cookie cutter, with heart shaped recipe card for cut-out cookies, heart shaped cherub box with vintage buttons, calling cards and key, little paper heart holding crystal heart earrings (not shown) and a heart shaped box of chocolates. In case you couldn't guess, the theme was hearts.











Here's what I sent my partner Jo in the oh so charming itty bitty swap. Jo, if you haven't gotten this yet, please don't look.


The rules for this swap stated that you were to make a 3 x 3 inch valentine to swap with your partner. I got a little carried away and made four of them. Of course, I couldn't just send those, I had to include a few extras.




Here is the tin I sent them in. I found it someplace, I forget where, last summer, but it was the perfect container to use for this swap.





Inside the tin were the four itty bitty valentines, true love suckers for Jo's 5 year old twins, sweet tarts for them too, chocolates for Jo and some vintage wallpaper and french poetry book pages for crafting.

















Here are some close up pics of the valentines I made.


This is the first one I made. I just love the little cherub and the rusty key.



The second one I made features a sweet vintage valentine that I cut up along with some sheet music, crochet pc. and red fuzzy button. I love the black and red together on this one.















This one features another vintage valentine pc. with some french poetry book paper, little love bubble and red rhinestones.

And finally, this is one I made especially with Jo in mind as she loves all things french. Not your typical valentine, but still cute.

I had so much fun with this creative swap I'm now eager to stretch my creative muscles and do some more.



No school for the kiddies today. I am planning on heading over to a little flea market in my town. This is same one that I did here. Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

Okay, lets try this again...computer needs a swift kick, I think...anyway I love your shoe organizer and was asking if that's roses I spy? I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised...and don't you love swaps? That was quite a haul...for both of you
hugs
Sandi

Linda said...

Wonderful shoe bag and perfect for you. Love swaps... you gave and received lovely treasures. Have a happy weekend. Linda

Cheryl Miller said...

You are truly the thrift shop maven! Your shoe organizer is gorgeous. And so are your valentines!
Cheryl

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Stopping by with a vintage HI...way behind in blogging...anyway I love the things you are showing and your chicken wire crowns LOL :)

Auntie Joy said...

Hi Miss Lisa,
I love you shoe organizer, I am thrilled for you!! All your photo's turned out wonderful, I need to take a lesson or two!! Very, very fun!
JOY!

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Lisa! It's great to splurge on yourself every once in awhile. :o) You'll have to show us where you put it. All your swaps looked fun both giving and receiving! Have a great weekend!
-Karoline

Anonymous said...

wow, you really have such a post full of treasures! You purchased,gave and received lots of fun!! Good for you. so far everyone has lots of fun and creative things to look at..we are all so lucky!
Carol

Lori said...

That my dear is a great organizer, so pretty! Love all the creative beauties you recieved!! Lori

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

I am sooooooooo coveting that shoe organizer! I have been desperatly trying to find one and I can't find a pretty one anywhere. Gorgoeus Gorgeous!!!! I want to see it when you fill it with goodies. :))

xo

blessings said...

Oh my goodness! I love that purple barkcloth behind the lollipop! Don't suppose you're going to sell any of it? =) -like I need one more fabric, right?! Blessings.. Polly

Cindy said...

Love that red and black valentine...so sweet! And the bluebird one is cute too.
Glad to have found ya.
c

Aleta said...

Yummy! I do "get" the vintage shoe organizer. I have one too!! I think yours might be a tad bit prettier than mine!

Hugs and hugs, Aleta

Sherri said...

adorable valentines... really neat shoe organizer too. Actually, too many cute things to list out here...