Friday, February 15, 2008

A Belated Happy Valentine's Day

I wanted to post yesterday, really I did. But after dropping the kids off at school, hitting a couple thrift stores and Barnes and Noble, going to the movies (Definitely, Maybe-sweet movie), I got home and started to read the book I bought at a mini-mart on my trip home from the In-laws and I couldn't put it down. Finally at 11:00pm as I was drifting off to sleep, I remembered that I forgot to post my Valentine Greeting to you all.

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day with your loved ones. We didn't do anything special for Valentine's Day as I explained to my sweet hubby, "every day is Valentine's Day being married to you!" I know, corny, right? But it is so true. My special guy is just the best! He is the greatest friend, husband, father, comedian I could ever hope for. I truly am "the luckiest girl in puppetland" as I alway say to him.
Here we are on our wedding day, back in 1991. I had some seriously big puffy hair being held together by about a million bobby pins. Wow, we looked so much younger, but happy, don't you think? We dated 4 1/2 years before getting married. You can read about how we met on this post.

I have a couple awards/recogition thingys to share. Charlotte from At Home in Scottsdale passed on a blessing to me. So sweet. Thank you so much Charlotte!

Elizabeth from The Merry Rose gave me this award that I have seen going around. Did you know my blog is rated E for Excellent? Wow! I am so honored. I would love to pass this one on to some really and truly excellent blogs, but the list would go on for days.

Today I am working at the Middle School. My kids really love it when I work there. (Not really, they are pretty mortified.) Daughter: "Mom, how would you feel if your mom worked at your school as a lunch lady?" Me: "I would hate it, but my mom wasn't cool like I am." Daughter: "Mom, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you aren't cool" Me: "Yes, I am! I am too cool!" Daughter: rolling her eyes.

Three day weekend for us! Yeah! Hopefully I can stay away from the thrift stores long enough to get some projects done to show you next week. Have an Excellent weekend!

12 comments:

Dede Warren said...

Glad your day was spent doing things you love. The conversation between you and your daughter made me laugh, why does it take our kids so long to realize they have cool moms? Silly girls...

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi ya Lisa!! You are beautiful here in your sweet wedding photo! What a gorgeous couple you two are!!

Happy belated Valentine's Day to you, too! I was surprised to not see a posting, but now I know why. LOL - you are one busy gal!!!

Love your earrings that you made, too! How fun to hang our with the Farm Chicks!! yippie

love,
Becky

Linda said...

Hi Lisa, I think you had a lovely day. Your wedding photo is so sweet your are a beautiful couple.
Belated wishes for a Happy Valentine's Day. Linda

Auntie Joy said...

Happy belated Valentine's Day to YOU!! You both look adorable!! I am seriously glad your hair calmed down!!! Aren't styles funny?? You were cool then and you are now!! (and I would know!!)
JOY!

Sandi McBride said...

Oh girl, I love that hair!!! You are a beautiful bride!
hugs
Sandi

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Hey Lisa you are definatly a cool mum just as I am (wink). Its just that our kids dont realise it yet lol!
Glad you had a lovely valentines day, arent we lucky to find such lubberly hubbies!
Alicia ~ time worn style

Charmingdesigns said...

My daughter and I made it to Monticello...spent a bit of $$$ I have a picture on my blog. Love reading your blog! Laurie

Cindy said...

Happy Valentines to you!

c

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Wonderful way to spend a day... Happy weekend...Mary

Michelle said...

What a beautiful couple! Happy beltaed Valentine's Day.

Michelle

Bristol said...

I found your blog and love it. Your wedding picture is great~ Have a great Sunday.
Bristol

Flea Market Queen said...

Lisa...you are beyond cool!
I received my sweet surprise from you yesterday & I adore her!
Could she be any sweeter...thanks you so much, I so appreciate your thoughtfulness! You made my otherwise crazy day slow down & appreciate...for that I thank you!
You & DH are so very, very wonderful...love the wedding picture!
Tell darling daughter I think you are super cool!
Priscilla