Monday, February 25, 2008

"Miss Elany"

The weekend just flew by too, too fast. I went from moments of crazy crafting, to periods of total slothness (is that even a real word). Typical me though. Crazy busy one minute and couch potato queen the next.

Friday morning I went for a massage. Now, lest you think I am a total diva who constantly pampers herself, please let me tell you that my dear hubby gave me a massage gift card for Christmas that I finally allowed myself to use. Well, after the massage, which was awesome, btw, I came home and did a whole lot of nothing. I was completely useless. Okay, I did manage to make dinner, but that was about it.

Saturday I was feeling a little guilty so I spent a little time cleaning the kitchen and working on these.

You may remember I mentioned that I found a few denim shortalls at the Goodwill bins and I had a plan for them for Farm Chicks. Well, this is what I came up with. I decided to take them to Monticello as Farm Chicks is still a few months away. I figure that if they sell, I can always make more.

Here's the back view. I tried to just keep them simple and patchy looking.

Isabel and I did go to Monticello yesterday and spent a few hours cleaning up and rearranging our booth. It's so much easier when we both go together, but let me tell you, at one point, it looked as if a bomb went off in our booth. We finally got it together and I have to say, that it looks so much better. Much less crowded and easier to see everything. We both agreed that there are still a lot of things in our booth that will most likely end up in a garage sale that we are planning on doing at the end of March. You know, the "why did I ever buy this?" kind of things.


Isabel along with Joy, and Cindy will be doing (selling at) the Portland Antique Expo this weekend. I agreed to help Isabel set up on Friday, so I will be able to do some early buying as well. I'm not really looking for anything big, mostly just crafting supplies because as you all know, I don't have nearly enough.

This week I have to spend a little time cleaning. I was going to go to an auction this week, but I think I will just save my money for Expo. No lunch lady plans this week, but that could change. Today I think I might work on the shopping cart liner I cut out at Joy's last week. I went over to her place to work on some projects, but spent most of the time checking out all the cool stuff Joy will be taking to Expo this weekend.

We also took a little time to make some tags and to enjoy a little lunch.















Yummy Chicken Salad Pita with Chips.








Here are the leftover pretties from the tea party Joy hosted for her Niece's birthday the week before. The little chick with crown, Joy got from Martha. The little wire crowns were made by Cindy.

If you are in the Portland area and want to do some antiquing, come by the Portland Expo this weekend and make sure to say "Hi!" to my good friends.

Happy Monday!

15 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

What fun! I wanna follow you guys around!
Those nasty spaces are called divs...if you click on HTML instead of compose...just remove all but one div at each spot...then hit publish...it will say 'stop showing html errors' click the box and publish again...
this has happened to me before LOL!!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Seems like you're having the opposite problem to me.... i'm putting in spaces but they're not appearing!!

Victoria

Esther Sunday said...

Those overalls turned out darling!!! Love, Esther

Sandi McBride said...

All in all sounds like you had a great weekend!
Hugs
Sandi

Natasha Burns said...

Those overalls are so cute Lisa!

Oh Blogger does weird thing with spaces.... for me, it takes the spaces away that I put there!

Auntie Joy said...

I am excited to see you Friday. It will be fun to see all the treasures we can find, after we get all the work done. The little pink chick with the crown was actually made by Martha at www.vintagetrifles.blogspot.com but you were right about the crowns that was Cindy (Tarte) You forgot to mention you made lunch! Hugs to you !
JOY!

the said...

Those overalls are so cute ! I wish I could make it this weekend, but there are other things going on ! I hope you take lots of pictures tho !!
Stephanie

The Faded Cottage said...

oh my gosh!!, what beautiful pictures!!! I just love those wired crowns that Cindy made. Does Cindy sell them??, I would love to have one.......Thanks so much for your beautiful blog!!

Journal Swag said...

Fun fun fun! Also, your shortalls are darling! I'm sure they'll fly off the shelves!

Sheila

Cindy said...

Cute shortalls! And love all the elements from the party, esp that little chick w/the crown.

c

Flea Market Queen said...

I wish...
Potland sounds delightful!
The overalls are precious too.
Priscilla

Lori said...

Oh those shortalls are precious!! Wish you great success selling them! Have you thought of alittle lace to them? Great idea! Lori

Linda said...

You sure did have a busy weekend and sounds fun too
I love the denim creations, too cute.
What pretties at the tea party...love all the crowns. Have a great time in Portland...I hope we get to see some pictures. Linda

Cheryl Miller said...

Hey, lady! I'm tagging you because I love your blog and it'd be fun to learn more about you! If you're so inclined, go to my blog for the rules!
Cheryl

Michelle said...

The overalls are so sweet..makes me wish my girls were little again. Thanks for sharing the tea party pretties :)

Michelle