Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm not worthy!

I want to thank Michelle at Back Through Time for giving me the "You Make My Day" award. You are too sweet Michelle. I love all of these fun bloggy awards.

In turn, I am going to pass this award on to my new buddy, Suzanne, of Pink Roses. I have been an admirerer of her blog for a couple months now and just recently added her as a contact on Fickr so I could access her photos easier.

They are just so beautifully done and of things I love, hello, her blog name is Pink Roses. Anyway, she sent me a flickr mail back saying, "OMG, I just looked at your pictures and you could be me, do you have a blog?" Or something close to that. I emailed her back with my blog address and next thing I know I get a comment from her saying, "I've been here before...." It was all so funny. We really do have so much in common, I'm just so sad that she lives all the way on the other side of the United States from me and we can't just go thrifting together every day. Now that I think about it, it's probably a good thing as we would most likely be fighting for the same stuff. ha ha I'm sure someday we will meet in person, but for now, I will just have to be content to stalk her on her blog on a regular basis.

Speaking of Flickr, the other day I got a note from Pearl from A Story Book Life telling me that she used a couple of my pictures on a feature they did on decorating with bird cages. Wow, I'm so flattered, really. You can view the feature here. I love the other pictures she shows. Some I even recognize from some of my favorite bloggers. She even made a sweet comment that it would be fun to do a feature on my whole house. Does that mean I have to clean?

I had a good time yesterday at the Flea Market. Unfortunately I didn't sell as much as I hoped, but I guess I did better than some others. It seemed like there was a lot of people there buying, just not from me. Joy met me at 6am to help me set up. Thanks so much Joy! She couldn't stay as she was expecting company for Super Bowl and she was going to get busy making another crown with Sheila. I'm sure they had a lot more fun than me. But, I'm not really complaining, I did have a little time to do some shopping. Here's what I found.


I got the cute pink vase really cheap, lots of rhinestoney bling, a cute belt buckle that I'm going to add some bling to, a broken pearl necklace, mustard seed bracelet (love this), and another silver watch. Just couldn't pass it up. It's hard to see all the little stuff here, but if you click on the pic, you can get a better view.







Oh, and I also got this lovely diamond (aka rhinestone) ring for only $3.00. It says it's 18kt on the inside. I just thought it was pretty. It was hard to get a good picture of it, but it has five diamonds, I mean rhinestones, up and down and three across.












On my way out the door I spotted this cute drawer. 3 bucks the dealer said, sold, I said. I think it will make a darling shadow box, don't you?

I don't know if I will do this particular sale again, but it is definitely worth it to go and shop. I always come home with some good treasures.




Heading over to Monticello tomorrow to pick up our January check and drop off some goodies. Hey, I wonder if there is a Goodwill Outlet over on that side of town? I would love to do some more digging.

Happy Monday!

P.S. One quick last note. Dede mentioned on her blog the other day the fabulousness of jewelry designer Tammy Fischer and said she lived in Oregon. After checking out her blog, which is awesome, btw, I sent her a little comment saying how much I loved her stuff and that I too live in Oregon. Long story short we live only 30 minutes away from each other and now we are new best friends. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but isn't blogging great? I would probably never have met her if it weren't for fabulous blogs like Dede's. Thanks Dede!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, Such a small world. Tammy and you both did our April Seasons show last year. She does all the fabulous purses. She is a sweetheart - be sure and check out her blog.
Sue

Linda said...

Hi Lisa, congratulations on your award.

That is a neat drawer...it's going to make a great shadow box.

Great goodies from your previous post. Linda

Misty said...

Lisa. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have to say that I love to get visitors.

I also love that drawer! WAY love the drawer. What a great find.

And, our Elementary school has actually been terrific, much to my surprise. They handled the issue beautifully, had meetings with myself, as well as the other parents/child involved and disciplinary action WAS taken.

Again, thanks for stopping by! I'll be back!

Misty said...

PS: I'm loving that ring, too!!

Tammy Gilley said...

Can I be best friends with her, too, since you and I are best friends? :)

Back Through Time said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Love all your stuff as always,
Michelle

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I had myself a cup of tea and took the time to catch up with you my sweet friend....Smiles

Auntie Joy said...

Your friend Joy that was helping you at the flea mkt looks like a real dork... is that the best picture you had??
You make me smile too!!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Looks like you found some fun treasures!! Love the cute things you sent in that itty bitty Valentine swap! Thank you for the links- I'm off to visit them now!
Michelle

Sandi McBride said...

I love all your finds...I wish I could come shopping with you, bet the luck would rub off!
hugs
Sandi

FourSistersInACottage said...

OH LISA!!! YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!
All that stuff you got on the $1.00 TABLE....I cannot believe it!!!
And all the bling bling at the show.....LOVE the Shadow Box idea too...
I am truly jealous!!!
Happy to hear about your new best friend....BLOGGING IS THE BEST!!!
Love and Hugs, Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

Cindy said...

Hey Lisa. I'm such a dope, when we were looking at Willow Nest, I did not put 2 and 2 together and realize that she is the same Willow Nest, whose fab site I had bookmarked at home. DUH! I bet you guys do miss her, she is awesome! Love your blog and tickled to find Joy through you, she's a cutie too!
ttyl
c

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I finally visited your blog. Now you can get off my back. I tried reading it, but decided to take a nap instead.

Love Ya,

DWH

Esther Sunday said...

Congrats on your well deserved award! Love that bling! Love, Esther

Aleta said...

If you're going to Monticello could you drop of a size Large Gap Denim jacket with a pretty barkcloth inset on the back and on the collar? The XL you have there is too big. I tried it. :o(

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

pinkroses said...

Hi you sweet girl!
I am just catching up on my blog reading after a hectic week, and I see you have given me an award! I am so flattered! I am a complete spaz and don't know how to put those badges on my blog, but I will try to figure it out...looks like you have been hitting the jackpot with all your thrift finds...I'll send you an email about our "swap"...can't wait! xo suzanne