The other day I got a little package in the mail. I was curious because I wasn't expecting anything. It was from Amy. Here's what she sent.
Adorable little vintage embroidered guest towel, lavender heart sachet, vintage fabric covered notebook and adorable fabric covered magnets. All with my favorite, pink roses! She sure has me pegged.
These little gifties were a thank you from Amy. Awhile back I sent her a little package in the mail with some vintage fabrics I knew she would like and would use in her projects. If you haven't already visited Amy's new blog. Please do so and say hi. She has an etsy shop too. I noticed on her last post some adorable little towels she has embellished with crochet pieces. I know she was planning on taking them to the All Saints Christmas Bazaar on Saturday, which unfortunately I didn't get a chance to go to, but I'm hoping she has at least one left for me to buy.
On another note Sheila from Tattered Goods who I have never met, but consider her a friend, gave me a sweet blog award. This one says I have to tell ten things about myself. I have done this before and always have a hard time coming up with things to say but here goes.
1. I am a movie freak and now a Netflix addict. Watching movies online is my number one time waster these days. Probably the reason I can't motivate myself to work on projects.
2. While I love shopping thrift stores, antique shops, garage sales, etc. I am not a big fan of estate sales. I just don't like the competitive, pushy people there so you won't find me at an estate sale unless I just accidentally drive by one. Most of my good friends already know about this one.
3. When I was a little girl I took lots of dance classes. Ballet, tap and jazz and was convinced that I would grow up someday to be a professional dancer. Then I got into cheerleading and did that for six years. I also played softball and did track in High School. My kids hate sports.
4. I graduated from Oregon State University (Go Beavs!) with a degree in Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management. Worked for 6 years as a Hotel Sales Manager for Hilton, Red Lion and Embassy Suites Hotels.
5. I decided to be a stay-at-home Mom when my daughter was born almost 16 years ago. I have never once regretted that decision.
6. I am absolutely crazy in love with my husband of 18 years and my kids. They would just say I'm crazy.
7. I can't believe I am a parent to two teenagers. Wasn't I just a teenager myself a few years ago?
8. I'm loving Facebook and all the friends I have become reacquainted with. Will be going to a mini reunion/sleepover with some friends from High School next weekend and recently met up with a friend from college for lunch which was so much fun.
9. If I could, I would move to France for a year. I wouldn't want to live there permanently, just long enough to become fluent and become completely absorbed in the culture.
10. I never could have imagined how blogging would change my life and open my world to new friends, inspiring ideas and touching stories. It has been such a great almost 2 1/2 years since I started this silly thing called blogging.
That wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. If you want to see my other posts with things about me, you can go to the bottom of my sidebar and click on the "About Me" category.
I'll be back soon with another installment of "Dreaming of Paris." Happy Monday!