Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fun Day of Crafting/Christmas at Splendid

Last week I got together with Joy and Sheila for a little soldering fun. I am ashamed to say that I haven't done any soldering since I took this class, so I was a little nervous. Soldering, while fun, is not easy peasy. It takes some skill and now after doing it a second time, I realize that I need to practice a bit more.

Here's cute Joy working on her charms.














And the adorable Sheila.




I was a very hard worker that day and managed to complete five charms.


What do you think? Not bad for my second attempt at soldering. Joy and Sheila are quite a bit more experienced than I am and were very sweet to help me when I needed it, which seemed like a lot. It was fun sharing crafting goodies with each other too. We had so much fun gabbing, crafting, eating that we decided that we need to get together on a more regular basis. I can't wait!

I also mentioned in my last post that I took some pictures of Mitzi and Paula's booths at Splendid last week when I was there futzing with my booth. I was completely amazed at all the Christmas goodies they have. I, on the other hand, have no Christmas in my booth yet. I don't think I have much, but I need to dig out the little bit I have and take it.


Paula's pink Christmas area. Lovely!

Another section of Paula's space. Love the glittery ice skates with black satin ribbons.


This is Mitzi's booth. Sorry about the dark picture, her booth really isn't. It's the photographers lack of skill.



Love her chippy revolving rack with lots of Christmas and other vintage goodies.





Well, that's it for now. We will be heading over the mountain to central Oregon for a lovely Thanksgiving with my hubby's folks. Hope you all have a great Holiday!

2 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

I think your charms are lovely. I would wear any of them. They appear to hold the fun you had that day!
Annette

Linda Q said...

Oh you gals live to far away. I see so many pretties I want, love all the vintage Christmas stuff.
To fun!
Linda Q