Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Day at at the Auction

Yesterday Isabel and I met up with Joy at the Auction. I had gone not that long ago, but for Isabel it had been quite awhile. We were so excited to get there and even more excited to see all the goodies that were available to bid on. Not being experienced auction goers, Isabel and I were kind of nervous about the whole bidding process, but we muddled through and ended up bringing home several neat things. I'll let Isabel tell you what she got on her blog but for me, here is what I came home with.


My first buys of the day were the little multi colored bed side table/cabinet and the little blue child's chair. Isabel bid and won for me the cute little glass and wood display cabinet. The old mirror frame (hard to see in the back), wood tray, little primitive table and sewing cabinet were all great finds. The creepy baby doll was a freebie. I can't imagine why she was just left on the ground in a pile, can you? ha ha

I also got this box of miscellaneous items for really cheap. I wasn't sure about what all was in there, but I had fun going through it when I got home.


Here's a close up picture of the display cabinet. Of course I will give it a little makeover with some vintage wallpaper on the inside.


After going through the miscellaneous stuff box, here is what I found to be "photo worthy."

You can click on the picture for a more close up view of the items.

I found the headless doll thingy interesting. Maybe we can call her a dress form. The other doll is unusual too. Other random things here include two vintage candy tins, an enamel candle holder, old bottle, old door bell, some vintage ribbon and twill tape, a fabric rose (of course) on a wire, hole punch, mini bell, wood easel, gold frame, beaded trim and my favorite, the hand door knocker. I have seen a picture of one of these on Corey's blog. Very cool.

You just never know what you will find in those crazy boxes at the auction.

On another note, I forgot to mention that Karen of Apples & Antiques has finally opened her store. Isabel and I went first thing last Saturday morning. She has an outbuilding behind her house all fixed up and looking so lovely and festive. She is currently only going to be open on Saturdays from 9:00am to 6:00pm. Karen has Christmas collectibles, shabby chic items, primitives, one of a kind gifts, garden antiques and more. Her shop is located at 25050 SW Baker Road in Sherwood if you are interested in stopping by to see what goodies she has.

I picked up a couple little things like this cute rhinestone butterfly pin and a set of four lace edged napkins. Just love them!

Don't forget to leave a comment on my post from yesterday to be included in my giveaway!

Happy Wednesday all!

6 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Ohmy...I love your goodies Lisa!!! The display cabinet is my very favorite but each item is so cool ~ I love a good auction! xxoo, Dawn

Paula said...

What great finds! I adore going to auctions,and I'm fortunate to live in a town that has a lot of good ones. There's one on Saturday at a historic home, and I can't wait! Hope I have as good a "haul" as you did!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

I just love love auctions !! We don't have any good ones around me that I know of ~ when I go to visit my friend in Kansas we love to go to at least one ~ they are a blast to see what treasures you might find ~ it looks like you found some fun things ~
xoxo,
Lori

Monica said...

Great finds! Love the blue chair and the glass cabinet! Can't wait to see your makeovers!;)

Monica.

Pallas said...

You found some great things at the auction. I like auctions too, but have to be careful not to get caught up 'winning the bid' and paying too much. When we go to Kentucky in the summer there are a lot of auctions available. The auction takes the place of the estate sale there.

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Lots of goodies Lisa! I love auctions but then it always seems I have to sit there for hours and hours just to get one or two things I want.

I have enjoyed catching up on your blog... hope you are having a nice weekend. xox Heather