Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm a Big Dork

Last week I mentioned that I was reading the Twilight books in preparation for the movie which came out yesterday and I planned on seeing. Usually I don't see movies on opening day. I'll wait till the crowds die down a bit. But, I was very excited to see this one. I even went on Fandango to buy tickets as I heard some showings at some theaters were selling out.

So, I picked up my friend Kate and off we went to see the movie. Well, I have to say that I felt like the biggest dork ever when we got to the theater and we were the first ones in. I guess since the kids had school I really didn't have to worry about a sell out like I thought. Anyway, we had a great time and really enjoyed the movie.


I did do a little thrifting this week, but unfortunately didn't take any pictures of the things I found. I will try to round up some of the things I got for some photos.

I also don't have any projects or decorating pics for you either. Bummer, right? However, if you would like to see some fabulous eye candy, you can go see Isabel and her absolutely lovely guest room. If you are like me and love roses and vintage stuff, I guarantee you will be drooling and begging her to let you come for a visit.

You can see more of Isabel's incredible collections/decor here and here and here.

On another note, I want to thank everyone who contributed a name for my new dress form. There were some great ones like Ruby, Scarlett, Rose, Sherry, but the name I'm going to go with for now, and this could change, is Sally Ann. Get it? I got her at the Salvation Army. She seems a little fancy for such a country girl name, but I like it so Sally Ann it is. At least for now.

Hope you all have a truly wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa , We're going to Twilight this afternoon , it looks like a good way to relax on a Saturday. Sue

Timi said...

I finished the first book finally! Now I can go see the movie.
That Isabell is something isn't she. What a beautiful room she created. Thank you for the link to that.
I can't wait to see your projects!
Timi

Heidi Ann said...

Sally Ann - I like it!!

Kimberly said...

Hi Lisa! I am brand spanking new to this overwhelming world of blogging, but came across yours and felt, instantly, at home. I've just begun exploring your posts, but wanted to give a thumbs up for the name Sally Ann. SA has been my favorite shopping haven for years and my a.k.a. for it is: Sally's Boutique. Friends scoff, but I was vindicated when Meryl Streep was interviewed after "The Devil Wears Prada was released". When asked, she proudly announced, to the world, that her top shopping spot is...you guessed it: Sally's Boutique!
Kimberly

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Hey big dork LOL. I would love to be the first one in the theatre! Or the only one for that matter...
Please some see me ...you aren't tagged..rest easy :)
It is much worse than that...much worse :(
Off to see Isabel....

Miss Gracie's House said...

I *love* Sally Ann-very sassy and fun!
Rene'