Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Some Miscellaneous Stuff

I wish I had some interesting crafty projects to show you. Or maybe some cool vintage finds. But I don't. I have had zero motivation this week to get out and thrift or be crafty. I spent yesterday running errands, blogging and planning our June trip to Maui. Trip planning sure takes a long time. At least it does me. If I'm going some place I have never been, it takes me forever to figure out where I want to stay, what kinds of accommodations I want (cheaper garden view, more expensive ocean view)? But the good news is I spent about an hour on the phone yesterday with a friend who goes to Maui every year. She gave me some good information about an ocean front condo so now I am just waiting to find out if it is available and then I can book my airline tickets. Yippee! Wish me luck!

When I got back from my California trip, I had a message from an old college friend I hadn't seen or spoken to in several years. We played phone tag for awhile and on Sunday night, we finally made contact. It was so great talking with her and hearing about the changes in her life. She has a 2 1/2 year old daughter I didn't know about! Some of my best college memories have my friend all wrapped up in them. We are making plans to get together soon. Maybe even this weekend. I can't wait to see her. I always feel bad when I let friendships drift away. I'm sure it happens a lot. Life is busy, other plans are made and suddenly you realize it has been over three years since you talked to someone who was once your good friend.

Today I am heading over to see Joy again. I need to pick up the rest of my stuff that she took to the sale she did over the weekend. I am so happy she sold a jacket and an angel for me. Thanks Joy! I might just have to do a little thrifting on my way over. We'll see. Tomorrow I am finally meeting a fellow crafty blogger that lives in my town. More about that later. Thursday and Friday I'll be wearing my lunch lady hat. Okay, we don't actually wear hats, just aprons. Oh, and clothes too. ha ha

Since I have been a little negligent with taking pictures lately I will show you a couple Christmas presents I bought for myself.

This cute little metal mesh purse I found at a little shop in Mt. Angel (near Silverton where Joy lives). It was a whopping $12.00. I was happy to fork over my hard earned cash for it as I have seen these in antique stores for up to $200. Crazy, I say. I just love it. At Christmas I had a little holly sticking out of it. This is definitely a keeper.
I got this petite chandelier on ebay. It's going to go over my kitchen sink. I just love the shape and size of it. It's similar to one I have in my bathroom only smaller. Don't you think doing dishes will be much more fun now?
I am happy to report that my husband found a new (used) car and is picking it up today.
Working on getting my Valentine swaps together as the time to send them out will be here before I know it.
In the spirit of Valentine's Day, if you haven't already, head on over to Corey's blog and read all about the match making weekend she just had. It is a wonderful story, but you should to read it from the beginning if you can. Corey is a real life cupid. Her blog is listed on my sidebar under "Tougue in Cheek."
Have a fun Tuesday!

9 comments:

blessings said...

Oh I adore petite chandeliers! Mom gave me a darling thing for the sewing room a while back and it makes the whole room look better. Glad to hear you were able to find a car! Blessings... Polly

Sandi McBride said...

I never would have thought about a chandalier over a kitchen sink. You are imaginative! Hope your plans for your trip go through without a hitch!
hugs
Sandi

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I love planning my holidays just like you! I like to know everything I possibly can before I head out!!!

Victoria

Flea Market Queen said...

Hey Lisa...Great Goods!
I tagged you...go see!
Priscilla

Back Through Time said...

I love your chandelier! I have one in my kitchen too:-)
Michelle

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Lisa!
Were you still interested ideas of places to stay on Maui? I've always stayed at a resort condo just north of Kaanapali beach called Papakea. Google it to check it out if you're interested.
-Karoline

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

I do that all the time when I plan a vacation and can't decide to spend the extra money on the ocean view.. lol! Ususally I am not disappointed that I chose it.

I have also been trying to keep up with the matchmaking weekend! Fun read.

xo

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog and thought how delightful it was. I just wanted to let you know it. I'll visit again soon!

CIELO said...

Hi, I just found your blog, via some other blog I was visiting, and so your lovely blog's name! I'm another fan of roses--kidda kindred spirits... :)

Have a lovely rosie day!

Cielo