We stopped at Goodwill where all I found was a cute cake stand. Joy found some cute baby clothes that I'm sure she will do something fun with. We then headed over to check out a couple antique shops in her town.
Lots of cute things but all I bought was a bag of rusty keys for crafty stuff. I think I'm good on keys for awhile, like maybe until I'm 80 or so. I have a lot, but you just never know when you will need some good, old, crusty keys.
I finally managed to get the dresser I bought last week out of my car. Here is a picture of it. Pretty cute I think. It will be even better painted a creamy pink.
Now for why I said I'm such a stalker. A while back I somehow stumbled upon the blog of the fabulously talented Tammy Gilley. After reading her profile I noticed that she lives right here in my little town. So I dropped her an email to say hi. She was sweet and responded hi back. Fast forward to a couple months later and I decide that we should meet for coffee. I love reading her blog and feel we have lots in common. So, we email back and forth and finally schedule a time to meet for coffee. Unfortunately she had to cancel at the last minute, but a couple weeks later she emails me to say let's try again. So, that is just what we did yesterday. I knew her right away from her picture on her blog. She was as sweet and wonderful as I had thought she would be. We talked non stop for two hours about everything under the sun. She is truly a kindred spirit and we are looking forward to getting together for some thrifting once her website is up and running. If you haven't read her blog, please do so. She is incredibly artistic and her projects are just lovely. But what impressed me most about Tammy is that she is a woman who loves life and loves to laugh.
After meeting with Tammy I was so inspired to do some crafting that I came home and worked on my Valentines for the swaps I'm doing. Here are a couple that I am working on.
I would really like to get them done and in the mail early so I'm not stressing over missing the deadline. I think they are coming together very nicely if I do say so myself. I'm loving being creative, but my recently clean and shiny sewing room is once again a mess of paper and glitter.
Priscilla over at Flea Market Queen tagged me to do the Weird facts about myself. I have done this before which you can see here. But I'm sure I can come up with 7 more weird things about myself. In fact after reading this post, you may not want to come back when you see what a weirdo I really am. Here goes:
1. I love to go to movies during the day, by myself. If I have the time and there are movies that I want to see, I will go. I love that the theaters aren't crowded, no one is talking to me and I can sit in the exact spot I want. I must sit in the second from the top row, right in the middle. If I can't sit in that spot, I get grumpy and won't enjoy the movie as much.
2. When I sweep the floor, I always leave a pile of dirt and stuff without picking it up. This drives my husband crazy. I think I do it more now because I know it makes him nuts.
3. Speaking of nuts, my husband and I have an ongoing contest to see who is the weirdest. Before we started dating I said that he probably wouldn't like me because I am really weird. He replied that he was much weirder than me. Now, over 20 years later he thinks I'm the weirdest and I think he is. For example, we like to say weird things like, "it's nice to be nice to the nice" or "it's fun to have fun with the fun." I know you are probably thinking we are both the biggest dorks on the planet and you would be right.
4. This is one that I kind of stole from someone elses weird list, but it is true for me too. I like weird smells like gasoline and skunk.
5. When I was in high school, I would eat peanut better and mustard sandwiches. I know it sounds disgusting, but really it wasn't too bad.
6. I get my best ideas and am the most creative/motivated to create when I have only a little time to create. For example, I will get a great idea to make something, 20 minutes before I have to take the kids to school. But, when I have huge blocks of time in which to be creative, I can't get motivated. I don't know why that is.
7. I love sun dried tomatoes. Love them. Love spaghetti sauce too. And ketchup. Absolutely hate raw tomatoes. Can't stand the sight or smell of them either.
*Bonus weird thing about me: When my kids call me weird, which is quite often, I always say, "thank you, for the compliment."
Okay, now that you know what a crazy person I am, I hope you won't hold it against me.
I'm suppose to pass this on to other people to write their "weird" list, so I will tag:
Victoria at Vintage Tea
Polly at Counting your Blessings
Michelle at Back Through Time
Karoline at Cherished*Vintage
Heather at Pretty Petals Boutique
If you have already done this, I apologize.
Kitchen duty for me today and tomorrow. Saturday is basketball and some much needed house cleaning, but on Sunday, woo hoo! I am going to an antique show to do a little treasure hunting. I can't wait!
I also finished with the Maui trip planning so that is behind me. I can't wait to go. We have been having cold and frosty weather here lately. I could really use some warm weather about now. I guess I'll have to wait awhile.
Bye for now!