Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy to be Home

It's so good to be back posting again. I really missed it. Our trip down south went great. No travel problems or any other problems for that matter. On Christmas eve before we left, we went to my Mom's house for one of our favorite family activities. Eating. Of course we visited and the kids opened presents. It was really fun to see everyone. Especially my lil bro who came up from AZ. You might remember him from my last post. Here he is now all grown up.

My son's favorite gift, Guitar Hero III courtesy of his uncle. It combines his two favorite things, music and video games.

Our first day in So Cal was just spent hanging out with family and what else? Eating. The next day we headed out to visit Hollywood. We kind of got a late start so all we really had time for was Hollywood Blvd where we saw the stars on the sidewalk and this famous place.

It was fun to see all the hand and footprints of stars past and present. Will Smith's were the most recent. Personally my favorite was Shirley Temple, they were so tiny.

My girl and some of her girl cousins.

Hanging out with Elvis. Did I ever mention that I'm related to Elvis?

The next day we headed south to visit the San Diego Wild Animal Park. It was a beautiful day, sunny and not too cold, just right. The kids had a great time too. My favorite thing was the baby elephants. Too adorable!

Here are some other animals we found there.

One day during our trip, my hubby and I went to some of the Antique Malls in the town where my dad lives. We looked for hours and very surprisingly, neither of us bought a thing. For me, everything was too big, too expensive or both. I did see some cute old sconce shelves that I ended up going back the next day to buy. They were $32 for the pair which I don't think was too much as I really love them and will definitely keep them. What do you think? Pretty cute huh?

The rest of our time down there was just spent hanging out, we went bowling once, the kids went to the movies and before for we knew it, it was time to come home. Really, it went too fast, but we had such a lovely time.

Now it's back to reality and everyday life. We had an unexpected visit from my in-laws so I have been cooking up a storm. My crockpot hasn't seen this much action in a long time, but I did make the most delicious split pea and ham soup for lunch yesterday and for dinner, I made short ribs which I have never made before. They turned out very yummy.

I guess it's time to put the Christmas decorations away. That is always sad for me, but I'm looking forward to getting out all my "regular" stuff again.

On a sad note, we got the news yesterday that one of our neighbors died on Saturday. She had been having serious health problems, but it was still a shocker. We will be attending her memorial service today.

I hate to end this post on a sad note, so I will tell you about some other stuff going on. Joy is coming to town tomorrow to help Isabel with a little decorating, so, I plan on going over and giving my two cents.

I have been trying to get in touch with this flea market organizer to see if I can do this flea market that is about an hour away this Sunday. It is short notice, but I have a ton of stuff I just want to get rid of. Of course I would like to make a little money while I'm at it too.

I'm so looking forward to this New Year. I plan on spending more time getting organized, more time sewing, more time crafting and a little more time cleaning. It is so needed. Ugh!

I want to wish everyone a very happy New Year! I have had such a wonderful time meeting you all. The last six months, since I have started blogging, have been amazing. I never would have expected to meet and make such fabulous friends. Thank you all for your support, encouragement and sweet comments. I love you all!

18 comments:

Aleta said...

Happy New Year, Lisa!! It's great to see you posting again!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

Back Through Time said...

Happy New Year Lisa! So glad you are back and looks like you had a great trip! Love those little rosey shelves:-)
Michelle

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Happy New Year and welcome back!

Those scones were beautiful! I would've gone back for them too!

Please pop over to my blog as I'm having a small giveaway.

Best Wishes

Victoria

Lisa said...

Welcome back, you were missed. I do love those shelves, they are just perfect.

Lallee said...

Happy New Year, Lisa! I'm glad you had a fun family Christmas and a safe trip. Your new sconces are beautiful and well worth the price. I hope the CA weather is not hurting you any.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Happy New Year Miss Lisa!!! LOVE the sconces - very different and right up your rosey alley!!! Glad to hear that your So. Cal trip was a good one. There is plenty to do down there!

Looking forward to more visits this year!!

xo
Becky

Flea Market Queen said...

Lisa...So glad you enjoyed your So. Cal trip! I keep telling you the shopping is nothing compared to yours...you get some real treasures!
Glad your home safely...
Priscilla

Sandi McBride said...

Lisa, welcome home girl! Teresa (Living the Life) is home too, so it's been old home week today! Glad you had fun and I love the scones...I don't blame you for going back. Short Ribs...that sounds good but the split pea (ham) soup sounds so good, I think I'll go put a bag of peas in to soak right now!
Again, welcome home!
Sandi

Linda said...

Happy New Year to you Lisa! Your trip sounds great and I enjoyed all the pictures. I'm glad you went back for the little shelves they are really sweet. Linda

Michelle said...

Happy New Year! Your trip photos were great ~ it all sounds wonderful. I think you did good buying those sconces..

So sorry to hear about your neighbor.. so sad at this time of year.

Michelle

the said...

Ive to come to find your wonderful blog thru Joy's blog. Glad I did, I enjoy reading your stories and looking at your pics!
Glad you had a fun time in Ca. I was born there and kinda miss it from time to time!
Happy New Year,
Stephanie

the said...

I actually think I met you at Joy's opehouse she had. Thats where I learned about blogging and boy am I glad I listened.. this is so much fun and nice people like you and Joy are out here!
Thanks for visiting my blog, Im new and learning as I go!
Stephanie

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lisa,
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Glad to see you back.
Elizabeth

Journal Swag said...

Hi Lisa! I've been looking for you, glad you had great Holidays,and glad you're back. Re: your "diamond in the rough" photo on your project sidebar... it is beautiful, what is it? When I click on it it does not get bigger. Good look on the Flea Market! Hope to see you sometime soon.
Warmly,
Sheila
http://halohill.blogspot.com/
(Joy's friend in Mt. Angel)

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Happy New Year, Lisa! What a fun family you have! And Guitar Hero!!! It's my boy #2's favorite new "toy"! =)

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I love your shelves! I think that was probably a fair price too as long as you are going to keep them and use them.

bee'nme said...

I love seeing family photos - I never get tired of it, even though we've never met and I don't know anyone - doesn't matter - family is family anywhere in the world - your family is beautiful!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time - so glad for y'all!! (love those shelf-thingys you bought BTW - too cute!!) I hope this new year holds great promise for you and yours - many blessings and sweet times to treasure! I can't wait to see photos of all your fun purchases throughout the coming year - it's like junk-shopping vicariously!!! :o) Love it!!

Happy, Happy New Year Lisa!

Hugs and Blessings,
Becky S.

Auntie Joy said...

Yippee Skippee your back!!
I missed you but glad you had a good time. Surprized you weren't "discovered" in Hollywood, being as you are related to Elis and all.. Did I mention I was related to Laverne as in Laverne and Shirley??
JOY L!