Thursday, June 9, 2011

Farm Chicks 2011

Once again, the Farm Chicks show came and went, in a blur. The build up, hard work, preparation, packing, driving and the disruption to family life are all worth it. Because in the end, it’s about the sales, but more importantly, it’s about the people we meet.

My roomies this year turned out to be my good friend Joy, her husband, Dave and their son, Sam. I had just been talking to another friend about the fact that I hadn’t gotten to spend much time with Joy lately and now I had her for a whole weekend slumber party!

So, onto the show! It was so busy that other than a few trips to the bathroom, I rarely left my booth so the only pictures I got were of my booth.  Here goes.

006

013

012

010

011

014

016

017

018

021

024

These pictures were all taken just minutes before the early buying started on Saturday morning.  As you can see, I brought a lot. So much, in fact, I think it was hard to see everything. You can just get a glimpse of the most awesome piece I brought, the pink multi drawer cabinet shown in the last two pictures. On Sunday, I rearranged everything.  Here’s a picture where you can see the cabinet better.

032

Cool, right?

As I mentioned earlier, I didn’t get out of my booth much, so unfortunately I didn’t get to shop very much.  I did however, buy a couple cute items from my booth neighbor, Isabel.  I got a little dental display cabinet, which I have been wanting forever, and an  adorable apron from her. I also found a couple cute lamp shades and a sweet pj top which I’ll wear as a regular top with jeans.  I’ll have to show those another time.

As I also mentioned above, I love selling at Farm Chicks. The people are definitely the best part of doing this show.  I love seeing returning customers and meeting new friends. I love getting to hang with my peeps that “get me.” I want to thank each and every customer who bought from me. I couldn’t do this show without you, so I am very thankful for you all.

Wish I took some people pictures. Here’s a cute one Joy took of Sue, me and Patricia on Saturday.

farm chicks 272_thumb[1]

And here I am on Day 2. Picture taken by my road trippin buddy, Kate.

254133_2064590542624_1480584290_32330073_3122345_n

I called this my “sexy lunch lady” outfit. ha ha

Serena has posted links to other Farm Chicks posts and I’m so grateful as I was able to see so much that I didn’t get to see at the show.  You can go here to check out some more Farm Chick goodness.

This week I have been filling my mall space with my Farm Chicks leftovers.  Wow, that sounds bad, but really, it’s all new (old) good stuff.  I have a little break before my next show which is the Barn House Vintage Market, July 30th.  The wheels are turning though and I have several projects spinning in my little head.  I love those guys and this show.  It will be my third year as a vendor and I’m really excited to be a part of the Barn House family.  If you are at all able, I would love to see you there! TTFN!

21 comments:

Junebug Furniture and Design said...

Your booth looked beautiful! So happy we got a chance to visit! Have a great summer.

XO Glad & Celia

Bobbie said...

Wow! I love your booth. Everything looked great. I used to sell photo pillows, and set up at these shows and it was so much fun. Glad you enjoyed your time there and I hope you made a lot of money doing what you love...

Auntie Joy said...

Boy oh boy am I ever glad you took pity on the homeless family! One more night sleeping in the truck would have been BAD! Thanks so much we had a great time!
JOY!

Andy's Attic said...

Lisa, your booth is overwhelming! I am amazed that you took so much wonderful stuff. The Sexy Lunch Lady look is adorable and that pink cabinet is wonderbosa! I can't even imagine how long it took to get everything ready to go and then to set it up!! Glad you had such a great time.
Annette

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

It looks incredible! Love your outfit. And you probably worked really hard to pull it all together. See you in Cali sometime. Ciao Rita

Into Vintage said...

Beautiful! And it looks like so much sold by the start of day 2 but that's good, right? :-) Cute gingham dress!

Diane and Kelly said...

Your booth is just fabulous! Wish I could have seen it in person. I live in Utah so it would be quite the trek for me but perhaps one day I'll make it out there!

Kelly
Second Hand Chicks

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Loved seeing you and your smiling face! You rocked that sexy lunch lady thing....

The Mac's House said...

I would be as happy as a pig in mud being there, love that booth. I found several items I would get immediately. :(

The Attic Girls said...

Just awesome..you are so talented and so darn cute! Hope it was a good sale and be sure to get some rest girl. :)
-nancy

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa . . . it was soooo great to see you at Farm Chicks . . . and I love, love, love my new belt buckle and bracelet!!! Can't wait to see you at Barn House!! Love the photo of you and the girls!! xoxo - liz

cherished*vintage said...

So great to see you again! Looks like you sold a ton by what was in your space when I talked to you on Sun. Yay!! I love my beaded purse! Glad you had such a great weekend.
-Karoline

kluless said...

WOWZA! Your booth looks amazing and can't imagine the effort it must take to get it all there and set up. Bravo!

Florence said...

I will look forward to seeing you at BH, glad you did well at the show! Hugs! Florence

Paula Parrish said...

Hello Lisa,
I have been following along the journey in blogshere with so many awesome ladies like yourself preparing, travel and attending the Farm Chicks Show. I have never attended the show but I would love to go next year. It just looks like to much fun to MISS out on of vintage fun. Your booth looks so pretty; I love the shopping carts. Have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing!
Smiles, Paula

Anonymous said...

I knew I would find your Farm Chicks display inspiring, but I didn't expect it would be this fantastic! The combination of pastel colors, floral prints, and vertical displays I'm taking note of for my antique mall space. It's good to take advantage of every square foot of space you are renting! I love your sexy lunch lady outfit, too!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Wow, Lisa, your booth is so FULL of fabulous vintage goodness! Adore the little cabinet with tulle curtain! You look perfect in your vintage gingham dress and apron!!!

Unknown said...

I loved your booth. It is so cool to visit blogs and then meet the people in person!
Hoping to have a booth at 2012 Farm Chicks show!
Patti

Unknown said...

黑蒜
黑蒜功效
黑蒜沖泡飲
黑蒜粒
黑蒜飲

Royal Model said...


MOST SEXY LADY
INDIAN CALL GIRLS PICS
KOLKATA GIRLS SEX
INDIAN CALL GIRL PHONE NUMBER
SEXY GIRL IN WORLD
GIRLS WHATSAPP NO
GIRL CONTACT NUMBER WHATSAPP
INDIA HOT GIRL
CALL AUNTY PHOTO
KOLKATA PROSTITUTES
WOMEN LOOKING FOR MEN KOLKATA
KOLKATA HOTEL SEX
BODY MASSAGE BY FEMALE IN HYDERABAD
ESCOURT
HOTELS AT PARK STREET KOLKATA
CALL GIRL IN DIGHA
TOP SEXY MODELS
WHATSAPP GIRL ONLINE
KOLKATA CALL GIRL PHOTO
MOBILE NUMBER OF GIRL
INDIAN CALL GIRLS MOBILE NUMBER PICTURES
KOLKATA AUNTY
MUMBAI CALL GIRL WHATSAPP NUMBER
UPSCALE MEANING IN HINDI
GIRL NO WHATSAPP
RENU MEANING IN HINDI
SONAGACHI SEX PHOTO
WHATSAPP SEX NUMBERS
PROSTITUTES IN KOLKATA
PROSTITUTES WHATSAPP NUMBERS
KOLKATA CALL GIRL MOBILE NUMBER
INDIAN CALL GIRLS VIDEOS
DATING SITES IN KOLKATA
WHATSAPP CALL GIRL NUMBER
WHATSAPP NO OF CALL GIRL
WHATSAPP NUMBER FOR GIRL
KOLKATA CALL GIRL NUMBER
BAGUIATI KOLKATA

Darren Demers said...

Serena has posted links to other Farm Chicks posts and I’m so grateful as I was able to see so much that I didn’t get to see at the show. You can go here to check out some more Farm Chick goodness. asian clothes online uk , asian salwar kameez online uk , asian bridal dresses uk , asian suits uk , mens asian clothes uk , ready made pakistani clothes uk , pakistani suits usa , white chikankari kurta with palazzo , red chikankari kurti , pakistani chikankari suits , chikankari kurti online