Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Just want to wish all the blog Moms a very happy Mother's Day. Isabel, Kate and I had a fabulous day yesterday out at Barn House. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures, but there were cameras everywhere. You can see some of Isabels pictures of the event here.

I found a few neat things to buy, but this was my first, favorite and least expensive find of the day.
A sweet vintage medicine tin that someone lovingly painted with sweet rose buds and vines.

In other news, I just found out this morning that I've been selected "Mother of the Year!" You can see the news clip here.

And finally, I want to wish a very special happy Mother's Day to my awesome Mom, Judy!

10 comments:

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Too funny that video!! Love that little medicine box, how sweet
Alicia

Stephenie said...

The video is just to cute!!! That little medicine box is soooooo pretty...What a great find...Happy Mother's Day...
Stephenie

Barn House said...

Congrats on your award!! I want a Fan Club too!! :o) And thanks for coming up to visit with us on Saturday...We absolute LOVE our gift. Thanks you sooooo much!!

laurie magpie ethel said...

that news clip is GREAT...you so deserve to be mother of the year! Glad BH was fun...great day to spend out in the country. (I sat at a baseball game for 8 year old nephew...fun, but a little part of me wanted to be out at BH checking out the scene)

littlebyrd said...

So great to meet you too! I guess we will meet again in July - how much fun we will have :)

Tara said...

Hello Lisa,
I'm out blog strolling and came into your neck of the woods. I'm so disappointed I missed the big weekend in Battleground recently. I didn't even realize these kinds of sales were out there. I live in Centralia, halfway between Portland and Seattle, so a trip there is a possibility! My Mom are planning to come down on the July date, so maybe we'll see you there!

Kindred Roses said...

Hi Lisa, we are looking forward to a great show and great weather. Also looking forward to seeing Timi. Take care
Julie

Little Cottage said...

Thanks, Lisa, for stopping in!
You got the little tin box from my space, YEAY :o)
We had a wonderful time, with old & new friends & I look so forward to the flea market, when we all can gather again!
Hugs,
Sylvi

Cathy said...

Hi,

Just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed meeting you at the Barn House event, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring to the Farm Chicks show!

Cathy in Puyallup

Ivy Bend said...

Love the baby on the video! And that little medicine box is pretty cute, too!