Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thank You Dear Friends

If I haven't mentioned it before, I have some of the dearest friends ever. They really are the best and not just because they give me stuff either. They truly are wonderful people and most importantly, they "get me."


Recently, my BFF Timi, gave me this sweet blogging award. It's the "Proximidade" award. "This award focuses not on the glory and fanfare of blogging, but in the PROXIMITY to one another through this on-line world (kind of a Six Degrees of Separation sort of thing)."Blogs who receive this award are 'exceedingly charming' say its authors. This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement." I am so honored that Timi feels that way about me and my blog as I never imagined all the wonderful friends I would make as a result of starting this blog back in July of 2007. To all of you who read, comment and support me and all that I share here, I am truly grateful.


On Monday I was suppose to go to Martha's house for a little get together with her, Isabel, Joy and Diane. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it as I had to take my dear hubby to the airport. Yesterday Isabel dropped off a little surprise for me from Martha. Look how adorable this little box is.
I couldn't believe it when I opened it. Just look at all this wonderful goodness inside. I was overwhelmed with her generosity and am always in awe of Martha's talent and creativity.






To make it even more special, Martha gave me something else. A sweet blogging award. The lemonade stand award which is awarded to those blogs that have great attitude/gratitude. Thanks so much Martha!

Since I'm sharing the love and sweet things/awards I have been given, I thought I would also share with you some other gifts I've been given recently.

Isabel, my dear friend and partner in crime, came over before Christmas bearing gifts. Unfortunately, I have put most of the little treasures away, or ate them, but I wanted to show you this beautiful square of barkcloth she gave me.
Isabel has a wonderful collection of gorgeous barkcloth and has always been so generous to share some bouquets with me for pillows. In fact, I think most of the barkcloth pillows I showed in my last post were made with fabrics Isabel has given me.

Last October I was at the Portland Antique Expo and I had commented to Diane who was also there that I hadn't found any good barkcloth (like Isabel, I'm always on the lookout for pretty barkcloth to add to my collection). She mentioned that she had some smaller pieces perfect for pillows. We tried to get together before the holidays, but never was able so I decided to call her on my way back from my in-laws at Christmas to see if I could stop by and pick up the fabric as we were going right by where she lives. Okay, I know this is getting to be a long story, but I'm almost done. I was in heaven when I saw what she had for me.



Look at this lovely fabric! Some of the prettiest I have seen. I told her I wouldn't be greedy and would share some with Isabel and I would make her (Diane) a pretty pillow with some of it too.

I want to end this post with an gigantic THANK YOU to all of my wonderful friends (you know who you are). Your support, encouragement, ability to listen to my constant ramblings and just the time you spend with me is something I could never put a price on. I am and will always be grateful for you and hope I can continue to be worthy of your friendship. Okay, enough gushing.

I got some fun posts planned so come back soon and have a great Wednesday!

6 comments:

Molly Mo's said...

We missed you on Monday! Hope to see ya soon, have fun with the fabric!!
xoxo
Diane

lorhen82 said...

What great surprises! ~Lori

snazzykc said...

Amy from Poppy and Ivy sent me over here. You have the prettiest stuff! I have a bit of things like this but have to keep them in my little craft cottage. Hubby doesn't particularly like fru-fru;
can you imagine. I'll be back-thanks

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous fabrics! Love them!

Erin said...

What a lovely package of goodies! your blog is wonderful Erin

Monica said...

Lovely gifts and terrific fabrics!
Monica.