Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Sprinkling of This, a Dash of That

Today was my official last day of the school year substitute lunch lady job. I am so glad. As much as I enjoy my buddies at the schools, I so look forward to the summer. And this summer is shaping up to be one of the busiest and craziest ever. I have been painting, and sewing and diddling up a storm, trying to get things ready for Farm Chicks. It will be here in less than three weeks and I am so not ready. The last minute scramble is usually when I get the most stuff done and I am almost always glad I made the effort.

Thank you for your kind comments on my last post. After re-reading it, it sounded like a real bummer of a post. For that I apologize. I will try to do better. ha ha

Isabel and I went to Monticello last weekend. I took this cute cabinet/dresser that I found at a garage sale the day before. Luckily it was already painted. All I had to do was distress it a little and add some wallpaper to the door. I had so much fun with my screen project and I had some leftover smaller pieces, I just thought, "why not?" I think it turned out very cute. It is an older cabinet and it has a label on the back that says, "Lullaby, Children's Furnishings." Very sweet. If I had the room, I would definitely be keeping it.

While we were walking around the mall doing a little shopping, a very sweet lady approached me and said, "I think I know you from your blog." Her name was Cindy and she told us how much she loves reading our blogs. She wasn't sure she should say anything, but I told her that I'm so glad she did. So, Cindy, if you are reading this, it was so nice meeting you. Thanks for stopping us to say hi and for your kind words of support for our blogs.

On our way home a funny/strange thing happened. We got pulled over by a motorcycle policeman who told us we had to wait. Apparently Borac Obama and his entourage were coming up the freeway and they had to clear it. I tried to get a picture of the bus he was traveling in, but it was going too fast.

On Saturday I delivered a shopping cart to my friend Kate. She was very happy with it as was I. So for you, Karla, here is a picture of Kate's cart.















A couple posts back someone asked what I do with the vintage baby dresses I buy. How do I display them? Well, here is an older picture of my collection of vintage baby dresses. I have since added the two new (old) ones I recently bought. I just love them and never get tired of seeing them hanging in my bedroom window.








On this post, I shared with you the goodies I received from Rachel, a sweet reader of my blog. I just got word from her yesterday that she received my package so now it is safe to show you what I sent to her.










vintage hanger with decal and ribbon, decals, flowers, vintage barkcloth, wallpaper, vintage card, linens

rick rack, hankies, vintage fabric, lavender sachet, tiny shelf, picture frame, calling card, ribbon

Now that I'm done with my LL job I will have more time to work on projects. Unfortunately I got called for jury duty on Friday. This is a first for me. Apparently I am suppose to call on Thursday to see if they need me to show up. I certainly don't mind doing jury duty, but the timing kind of stinks. This weekend we are heading over to central Oregon to see my in-laws for Memorial Day weekend and my MIL's birthday. We will be golfing, horseback riding and maybe we will try to squeeze a little thrifting in as well. Should be a fun weekend.

13 comments:

Back Through Time said...

I hear you on being crazy busy! I just love your cart liners. I want to do one for my cart but there has to be a real trick to sewing those. You seem to crank them right out! Good luck at Farm Chicks!
Michelle

Alison Gibbs said...

Lisa you have been busy. How amazing that Cindy recognised you from your blog.
Your baby dress display looks so cute.
Have a fun weekend
Alison

Pat said...

Everyone has a down day once in a while...glad you are better today. I love the dresser, the cart, and all those goodies you sent Rachel look like inspiration for a quilt......the colors are delicious!
Maybe now you have more time...you can be more productive and that will make you feel better too. I can't wait to see what else you come up with! I'm watching the returns from the Oregon voting tonight! You take care and have FUN! Pat at birdnestontheground

Auntie Joy said...

I'm glad your done working your L.L. job. We got lots to do to get ready fkor Farm Chicks!!
I got some great prizes today!!
JOY!

Heidi said...

Cute idea to hang the vintage baby dresses up like that! I've read just a few of your posts, but I can tell you are VERY creative! Love it!
*Heidi*

Sandi McBride said...

I know how life has a way of intruding on our blogging! Been that way with me, too...you know I have the gown that Mac's mother brought him home from the hospital in, a pretty yellow little gown with a yellow blanket...when my boys were born they were to big for it already, lol! I love the display. And how did you come up with the wallpaper on the door of that dresser?
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Everything's beautiful, Lisa! Love that dresser (I'd definitely buy it myself if I were closer to you!!).
And your cart and baby dresses collection are gorgeous.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend,

Warmest wishes,

Monica.

Linda said...

I think the cabinet looks so pretty with the wallpaper....it just pops.

Your weekend sounds like it will be so fun...have a great time and be safe. Hugs, Linda

p.s. your latest liner is pretty I like the colors. L

Aleta said...

I may have to go take a peek at Monticello to get a better look at that dresser! Sweeeeet! Love the way you've displayed your baby dresses....sooo cute!

Warmest hugs, Aleta

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

WoW..What an eye you have! I love your vintage finds and the way you revamp and decorate with them.
You need to sell those cute cart liners...I have two carts just waiting to be spruced up!
Love your blog :0)

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Wow, you have been busy, but you seem to get so much done in the time you have! Love the little dresser and the cart. Beautiful!
Patricia :o)

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

PS:
Guess what?! You’ve been tagged. I love your blog and thought it would be great to share it with others. Visit my "Tagged..." blog for details where your blog is promoted.

Sarah said...

Did you make that shopping cart floral insert! I LOVE IT!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/