Sunday, December 2, 2007

Too Much for One Post, But Here it is Anyway!

What a busy weekend. So glad it's finally Sunday and I can sit down and do a little blogging. On Thursday I went over to Monticello and did a little thrifting along the way. I didn't find any OMG items, but I picked up a few cute things.


I found a cute green wood tray with handles which I already put some vintage wallpaper on the bottom. A set of 4 candlewick like glass coasters that have roses on the bottom, a large glass jar, enamel pot, cool vintage mirror with a guilloche rose on it, silver and gold beaded garland, four tea strainers which I think will make cute ornaments on the Christmas tree. I might fill them with dried lavender and glitter them. Not sure yet. Roll of pink and white checked wallpaper, a cute little handmade barn and a pottery lamp base with flowers and a bird.

Thursday night I headed out to Joy's Holiday Sale and Open House. I took a ton of pictures so now is a good time to go get that cup of coffee or go to the bathroom, as this will take awhile. I have said in the past, I am not a very good photographer and my pictures don't do Joy's home justice. I got lots taken in the house, but I completely forgot to take any in the shop. Here they are in no special order.

I spent the night on Thursday at Joy's so I could help her on Friday with her sale. I was in the house mostly acting as host to the people who came through. It was a lot of fun and everyone was oohing and ahhing over all of Joy's cute decorating. I even had several people ask what was for sale in the house. The weather was pretty dreary on Friday and we didn't get the number of people we were hoping for, but it was still fun visiting with Joy and Diane who was also helping that day. Thanks so much Joy for letting me bring some things to sell and for letting me be part of your special event.



On Saturday morning Isabel and I met Martha and Diane at Cindy's sale. It was so cute and of course, I forgot to take pictures. I was good and only bought a few little items. After that we all went to breakfast in our little town. Here is a picture of the four of us. I think Martha has a better one but look at the snow falling behind us. It was so lovely, but it didn't last. I had to hurry home to get ready for my daughter's first basketball game of the season. She did great and her team actually won! She was great on defense and even scored a basket. This is only her second year of playing and I'm so glad she is. She really seems to enjoy it and I think could be an excellent player. She really only plays for fun. After the game we hustled on over to the store to pick up her cake and other stuff for her 14th birthday party.

As I mentioned on a recent post, her birthday was last weekend, but since we were out of town, we postponed her "friend" birthday until this weekend. We ended up going to the mall to do a "scavenger hunt." They had to do things like take a picture of a person eating a hamburger, go to a store that sells girl stuff and buy $5.00 worth of items, etc. There were word scrambles and puzzles to figure out. They had a lot of fun doing it and it only took about an hour. After that we came home had cake and ice cream and they had a little hang out time before their parents picked them up at 10pm. One of the cool things was the items they bought on the scavenger hunt got divided up and were their prizes. But the best part was they all went home. I kind of put my foot down on sleepover birthday parties this year. I just don't want to do them anymore.

Well, that's it for now. I told you this was going to be a long one. I hope you enjoyed all the fab pictures of Joy's lovely home.

20 comments:

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Um, if your pictures don't do justice to Joy's house, it must really be something! I'd love to see it in person. She'd probably have to drag me out. LOL

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

You are busy. I am guessing everything was lots of fun. Mary

Miss Gracie's House said...

sounds like a really FUN weekend! I wish I was over there for all of the sales you get to go to!
Pop on over-I've got some new photos up.
rene'

Jennifer said...

I think the pictures look great...I would have loved to have been there!!!!

Dona said...

Wow you were very busy. Love the pics of Joy's house. Do you think she would like a house guest? I could move in tomorrow.

Dona

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are beautiful!! What a great weekend...

Esther Sunday said...

I LOVE Joy's home!!!!!!! What a fun weekend! Love, Esther

hogan said...

Thanks for sharing those gorgeous pics - wish I could have been there!
Mary

Michelle said...

What a beautiful home~you have a great life..it always sounds so fun. Michelle

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Such lovely photos of Joy's home.

Loved your daughters birthday fun, something to try with my friends I think!

Best wishes

Victoria

Flea Market Queen said...

I love Joy's house!
Wow you had a busy weekend...
Priscilla

Sandi McBride said...

I think you found some OMG items...love the barn...more tomorrow

Back Through Time said...

Those were great pictures, I don't think you gave yourself enough credit! It was so much fun looking at all her cool stuff.
Sounds like you had a really good time.
Michelle

Coleen said...

wish I coulds gone to Joys home after seeing those pictures!!!.....sigh....next time!!!!
Coleen

www.flickr.com/photos/weefae

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Wow Lisa! Tell Joy that I love all her pretty things. Each corner has something unique and so special. I especially love the mantle. Great idea using the mirrors! I have some, but not that many. Love hers!

xo
Becky

blessings said...

Holy stars! Her home is stunning!! I think your photos are wonderful. Thank you taking the time to do pictures for us! Blessings... POlly

Lallee said...

I loved seeing all of Joy's decorations. Two of my (many) favorites were the clock faces on the silver trays (very neat), and the white cutout church. Can you come help at my house now?

Miss Gracie's House said...

Banner info-I left a follow-up comment on my blog. Which template are you using?
Rene'

CIELO said...

Hi... I just found your blog and see we are kindred spirits for I too love roses and my own site has to do with my passion for roses.

Is nice knowing another rose lover in blogland.

Come visit me at my "house in the roses"

Cielo

Sandi McBride said...

okay Lisa my girl, did that long post wear you out? Time to be back at it now...I'm sure you have more pictures to share!
xo
Sandi