Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday Funday!

Isabel and I had a great time today. Her husband was home taking care of her 4 year old, so we had pretty much the whole day to play. We are both short on funds right now with Christmas on the horizon so we didn't really do much shopping. More of how we spent our day later.
Yesterday, as I mentioned, I hit a few thrift stores on my way to Monticello to pick up our November check. This is what I found at Value Village and Goodwill.
Cute vintage end table/magazine rack, half jar of white glitter, old Wolverine toy stove, two floral tins, floral print in shabby frame, two vintage brass/mother of pearl frames, wire watering can, Victorian style box, little wood box to hang, vintage perfume atomizer, asst. vintage Christmas wrapping paper, pink floral fabric cosmetic bag, green planter, silver dish with handles, package of small gold balls, and finally, another tin can rocking chair with matching footstool. My picture is a little on the dark side, but if you click on it you can see better detail.









I got to Monticello and checked out our booth to find that nothing big was missing and cleaned up a bit. And since I can't go there without looking around, I just happened to find a few Christmas items to bring home with me.
Everything was very inexpensive. I got blocks spelling "Merry Christmas", garland of silver stars, two tin cones, three bottle brush trees, Metal "Joy" thingy, some vintage linens for projects and a cute little vintage baby shoe embellished with balls and greenery. Again, I apologize for the dark picture. I was in a hurry to take it and didn't do a good job of making everything look pretty.


So back to my day with Isabel. We started out by heading to The Original Pancake House. Alicia has blogged about this fine establishment before. I had been there several years ago with my husband, but Isabel had never been. They were a lot busier than I thought they would be at 9:30am on a Friday morning, but we were seated very quickly and enjoyed some wonderful potato pancakes. We snapped a couple pics while we were waiting.

The first pic we took of ourselves. Man do I ever have a double chin. Ugh!
Here we decided to hide our double chins with napkins. What dorks!
The waitress finally came over and asked if we wanted her to take a picture. Much better, but I still can't hide that chin. Did I mention that would like to lose some weight? I'm sure the potato pancakes were low fat. Yeah, right! ha ha
After the yummy breakfast, we headed to downtown Portland to go see "Atonement" which was just opening today. It was a pretty good movie, but somewhat dark and certainly not something I would recommend if you are looking for something entertaining or amusing.
We also managed to squeeze a quick trip in to the Goodwill in Portland which was just a block away from the theater. This apparently is a "boutique" store and prices were very high. Isabel got a couple things, I for once, didn't buy anything.
After the movie, we headed toward home with a stop in Multnomah Village to visit a couple antique shops and Grand Central Baking where I got a yummy chocolate croissant and some cookies for the kids.

We then decided we should head for home. The kids were coming home from school and I promised to take my daughter to Target to spend some more of the gift cards she got for her birthday.
Tomorrow will be a basketball game for my daughter and hopefully getting and decorating the Christmas tree. I can't wait! I think I'm finally getting into the Christmas spirit. It's about time!


Have a lovely weekend!
I finally figured out how to put words on my pictures, so I was able to fix my header. I'm looking forward to playing with this a bit. Boy, do I feel smart!

15 comments:

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

I must try that napkin trick for my double chin, seems like a good idea lol!! You both look lovely and sounds like you had a great day out too.
Alicia ~ time worn style

Sandi McBride said...

Low fat and sugar free syrup...but how tasteless would that be? And hey, that's not a double chin, that's brain matter that had to work it's way down so you don't lose any smarts...you're as bad as me, I could make a thousand bucks if I had a store and spend a thousand and one...sigh...I love spending money...but glad you gals had such a grand time!

pinkroses said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for visiting my blog...I see we have MUCH in common...I LOVE Pink Roses...is there anything better? (well maybe a few things!) And your favorite things list...oh my gosh-I would list ALL the same things...I am so glad to have a new blogger friend!
Suzane Duda

pinkroses said...

Suzanne...I can't even spell my own name...time for bed!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I am so glad I found you via Miss Sandy! I have enjoyed reading your posts, the roses are gorgeous, and you are a fun kind of girl.:)Looks like you had a wonderful time.

xo Lidy

Linda said...

You girls always have such fun. What a great day out and some nice finds too. Linda

Flea Market Queen said...

You and Isabel have way to much fun together! Good for you...
Love all the goods & I love the banner your making! Can't wait to see the finished product!
(do you ever make cart liners and sell them individually?) I am in desperate need and can't sew to save my life...
Priscilla

Dona said...

So glad you had a wonderful time out with your friend. Friends sure do make your life fun.

Auntie Joy said...

Call me slow but I thought you and Isabel were pretending to have "Santa" beards!!! I never would have thought of hiding my multiple chins with a napkin...I thought you could just raise your head but of course if you go to far with that trick your eyes get cut out of the picture. I found that if I sit in front of the router I can get internet so... I am posting and reading blogs at the same time... Call me SuperTasker
JOY!

Betty said...

That sounds like a wonderful day. I'm not worrying about my double chin until after Christmas.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a fun lunch! :) You're both adorable :)

Esther Sunday said...

How fun! You ladies look just fine - it was the camera angle!!! I have heard of Monticello - it is on my list of things to do. Love, Esther

blessings said...

Ugh - the double chin thing is one of my yucky features too. I saw my sister-in-law yesterday and she's lost so much weight. I can't decide if I feel inspired or embarassed. =) Looks like you had a fun day! Blessings... Polly

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Looks and sounds like great fun. Mary

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Man! I wish I could find things like that at *any* thrift store in central Alabama. You lucky duck!