Thursday, December 20, 2007

Another Busy Week

The last few days have been spent running around frantically trying to get my shopping done. I think I finally found everything I was looking for so now, on with the wrapping. Wrapping presents is not something I like to do. I usually wait to the last minute and throw things together not really caring how pretty the packages look. My kids don't care what the package looks like, just what's inside it.

I did manage a quick trip to the thrift stores on Tuesday. I didn't realize that Tuesday is .99 day at Value Village. That means anything with the special color of the week is just .99. I really didn't find anything fabulous, but as I was waiting in line, I noticed the lady in front of me had a really cute old pink bowl. I told her what a great find it was and she turned and handed to me and said, "I don't really need this, do you want it?" Well, yeah! It was marked on the bottom $49.99 but since it had a yellow tag and it was Tuesday, it was only .99! What a deal.


Here's a picture. I couldn't stop thanking that nice lady. Oh, and it says Redwing on the bottom of the bowl too. I haven't done any research on it yet, been too busy with other things. But wow, what luck!










Here is another little thing I got at VV. All of their Christmas items are only $1.00 so I picked up this little fabric tree. It didn't come with the vintage rhinestone buttons, those were courtesy of me. Pretty cute I think.















I also got a few of these cuties. I think they will be great for holding goodies to give to friends and neighbors. Wish I got more. They had a ton and they were only .49 each.











These tip trays were also found at VV. There are five of them, all the same. I have never seen any like this before.














This little wire chair came from Goodwill.

















And while I'm still in the Christmas spirit, I thought I would share one of my favorite Christmas pictures with you. I just love this one. I bet lots of you have pictures that look very similar. That's me front and center. I'm about 2 1/2 years old. The kid with the drippy nose in the red and white pj's is my little brother, Devin and to the left is the lower half of my big brother Mike sporting his new cowboy belt and holster. Gotta love those footy pajamas.

I've been invited to attend the lunch lady Christmas party today. I feel a little weird going, as I am not a regular full time lunch lady, but my good friend Debbie says it doesn't matter and that I have to go. It's being held at a yummy thai restaurant so I know the food will be good.


I really need to get my rear over to Monticello. It has been awhile since I have gone to fluff up the booth and drop off stuff. I do have some things I need to take over so I will probably do that tomorrow. But before that, I am having blind coffee date with a fellow blogger. I will tell you more about that tomorrow. Until then, have a great day!

10 comments:

Miss Gracie's House said...

Redwing, huh? That's a find!
Darling photo. I hear ya on wrapping presents...I'm lucky-my girls still love to do it for me.
rene'

the said...

Good Evening !!

I love that wire chair, why cant I find cool things like that at Goodwill !!
I tagged you for a neat Christmas Hoopla, its on my blog, too !!
Check it out !
Merry Christmas !!
Stephanie

weechuff said...

Hi,
I have been reading your blog for a little while now. I find it so interesting, and you seem to be so full of energy. All the things you make are lovely. I wish I could do the things you get up to. I am 65 and not very creative, but my daughter is. (www.contentsofafriedbrain.blogspot.com) I shall keep reading your blog if you don't mind:0)
Kind regards,
Sandie Yorkshire UK

Auntie Joy said...

hi lisa
i am sitting at the hospital with my boy and waiting for another dr... so of course i am reading blogs!! i love your pink bowl!! i will talk to you soon
joy!

Elzie said...

I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas.
Take care.
Love Elzie

Lisa said...

Terrific finds for sure. I would love to have the tip trays, our stores never have good treasure like you manage to find.
Merry Christmas!

Flea Market Queen said...

Lisa...you manage to find the best stuff! I look forward to seeing your treasures...
Love the old photo too!
Happy Holidays...
Priscilla

Linda said...

I'm finished shopping too....now on to the wrapping..but I like to wrap.. Linda
I like everthing you found especially the little tree and the tip trays look great, and they are my favorite color. What a nice lady to give you that sweet bowl

Sandi McBride said...

I don't know I think I may have to book a flight to Value Village...can you put me up? (laughing now, imagining the look on your face when I show up bag and baggage to go shopping, lol) Merry Christmas to you and the entire family and may you get everything you need and most of what you want!!!
hugs
Sandi (and the Mob)

Michelle said...

I love all your new goodies. I'm with you on the gift wrapping. I get really tired of it!

Merry Christmas!

Michelle