Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Car Troubles and Mitzi Lee

So yesterday while driving my daughter to Target so that she could spend her birthday money, I notice my engine light was on. Weird, I thought. We just took my car in for a lot of work barely a month ago. Total bill, over $1000, ouch! It's an older minivan, paid off, great for haulin stuff. So I thought, okay, at least it's running good now, but then the engine light comes on. So called my hubby who called the fix-it place and they said to bring it in in the morning (today). I get there thinking they will just look at it real quick like, maybe flip a switch to make the little light go off, right? Wrong. What number can we call you at? Uh, I guess my cell phone. Will it take long? I guess I could walk over to Fred Meyer and do a little shopping. So, that is what I do. I have talked about Fred Meyer in my blog before. It is truly one of my favorite stores on the planet because you can get just about anything there. From groceries to paint, to underwear to furniture, light fixtures, you name it. Even plants. So, I took my time wandering around. Found some shirts for me, my daughter and my son. Found some basketball shoes for my daughter, on sale, yeah! The fix-it place called me and said it would be $400 to fix the problem! I told them to call my husband to see if he wanted to go for it. Since I was stranded for awhile longer I decided to do some more shopping. Found the cutest sweater for me and headed over to the food stuff to find some cookie fixins for these cookies I want to make to take to Joy's tomorrow. I finished up with my shopping and still didn't hear back from the fixit place so I decided to walk right next door to get my hair cut. I'm not too picky about my hair. I don't have a regular person that cuts it or anything. I figure, if I don't like it, it will grow back. So, I get my hair cut and head back to the fixit place where I have to wait about 20 minutes before my car is done. Fun stuff right? On my way home I decided to drop by my old antique mall.

Didn't find much to buy, but my friend Mitzi's booth is just adorable. I snapped some pictures to show you which doesn't begin to do her space justice. Right now she has the cutest jars full of ornaments.














She also makes the most gorgeous mosaic pieces. Last spring Isabel and I did a sale with Mitzi at her house which was really fun. She is the sweetest person too. She did a broken china mosaic backspash in her kitchen that is to die for. She has great style too. The wall going up her stairs has all these cool old white window frames and her powder room is done in black and white with cool old mirrors, cabinets, etc. I really need to convince her to start a blog or let me take some pics of her house to show you.





Her presentation is just so sweet. I love all the vintage ornaments in bags.















Look how sweet her birdhouses are. And the mirrors she makes are just lovely!














Anyway, I bought a few things out of her booth that you can see here. The little jars are so sweet with vintage buttons and a little tree inside. I felt kind of bad about buying her little wood divider box thingy as it was holding a lot of her buttons. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet or with the bag of vintage santas. The little silver baby cup with the duck was too cute to pass up.




I did go thrifting on Monday, but didn't really find anything too great. Sorry about the long, boring car story. Hope you are all having a great week. I need to get busy and finish up some projects that I have started so I can show you. It's raining today and I just feel like taking a nap when it's like this. Maybe I'll shut my eyes for a few minutes...zzz!

Oh wow, I feel so much better! Going to Joy's Open House tomorrow night and I get to sleep over and help her on Friday. I am embarrassed to say that I have nothing ready to take over with me. If I have time, maybe I will head over to Monticello to pick up a few items to take to Joy's. If you are in the Silverton area this weekend, we would love to see you! Seeing Joy's house decorated for the holidays is something you don't want to miss. I will try to snap some pictures to share with those of you who are too far away to visit.

15 comments:

blessings said...

Take lots of pictures for us, k? Sorry about your car - we have a few car catastrophes going on right now too. ugh! At least you got to shop, get a hair cut =) I always have kids dragging on me so being stranded like that is a nightmare. Blessings.. Polly (my comments are turned off right now but please don't take offense - i love chatting with you)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Wow what a busy busy day and some great finds. Mary

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Your friend Mitzi's booth looks wonderful and those mosaic mirrors and fabulous!!
Michelle

Lallee said...

Sounds like you had some nice shopping time during your car woes. Have a fun time with Joy!

Aleta said...

Hi Lisa! I'm sorry to hear about your car troubles. :o( They're the worst....and right before the holiday too. Bummer.

So, where exactly is this shop that has the broken china pieces? I adore that round mirror with the posies on top!! I'd love to see more of her work up close and personal!

Have a grand weekend!! Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

Sweet Remembrance said...

Oh I hate car trouble!
But what a fun shopping day was had...
Priscilla

Sandi McBride said...

Hope the car problems are over for the duration...wonderful finds for you though!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Happy Belated b-day to your cutie pie daughter!!! Oh, I am so behind on visiting everyone and posting. The parade looks like such old fashion fun and love the little Westie? Scotty? on his thrown!!!! OMG! Too cute. You must have a wonderful town to live in. Can I move there? Looks cold though!

Mitzi's shop is so cute and creative. Love it all!

xo,
Becky

Lib said...

I like you blog. Nice place to visit!
Hope you have a Great Day!
Blessins', Lib

Esther Sunday said...

Kinda thinking it was lucky your car broke down since you got to shop! :0 Your's friends stuff is just amazing. Her moisac work is truly wonderful! You must tell her how gifted she is! Love, Esther

Whimsy Pink said...

sounds exciting~! I love the buttons with the trees inside the jars! Too cute !! and the santas too!

Scrappy Moments said...

Sorry to hear about your car~

Love all the goodies, those little trees in the jars are so cute!

Angie

Auntie Joy said...

dear dear Lisa,
Thank you thank you thank you for all your help last night and alllll day. I wish we would have either gotten rich or been able to sit and visit all day. Tomorrow it might snow so that should make for another interesting day. Good news is the house is decorated and clean, I even took pictures that I will post pretty soon so stay tuned.
Love you to pieces!!!
JOY!

Journal Swag said...

Hi Lisa! It was so mice to meet you at Joy's open house on Thursday night! We are kindred spirits. I love your blog. Here is my "beginner" blog: halohill.blogspot.com
Hope to see you again sometime!
Sheila

Betty said...

Your friend is so talented. I love all of her mirrors and birdhouses!