Friday, January 29, 2010

Metal and Glass

That’s what I seemed to find in my last couple days of thrifting.  It was nice to be out hitting the stores again this week.  While at one GW, I ran into this adorable blogger/artist.  Rebekah is so sweet. We chatted a little about the etsy store I keep procrastinating.  If you stop by her blog, leave a comment and tell her I sent you.

So, are you wondering what I found? Here’s a group pic.DSCF0547

See,  I wasn’t kidding, metal and glass. Okay, there is a little bit of lace in there too.  My favorite find though has to be the vintage glass and metal curtain tie backs.  I’ve never found any before and I love them.  Definitely keeping these cuties.

DSCF0548

Another fun find was this interesting coin charm bracelet. 

 DSCF0551

The coins are from all over.  I haven’t looked at all of them, but some are from the 40’s and a more recent one from 1999.  I love finding  funky, unusual stuff like this.

On another note, have you been here yet?  If not, what are you waiting for?  These guys have it going on and great vintage stuff too.  What’s not to absolutely love?blog-header-1

On Saturday I’ll be heading over here.

new floral blog title copy

Can’t wait to see what Cindy has up her sleeve this time.  Each sale is different than the last and how she keeps coming up with such amazing merchandise and ideas I’ll never know.  A visit to the Tarte barn is always inspiring. If you see me there, make sure to stop me and say “Hi!” Hope you all have a great weekend!

12 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I like that wire stand, but the curtain tie backs are pretty cool too. I may see you at Tarte on Saturday...and I will say hi!

Sheila said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet finds. I hope you have a great time this weekend.

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hi, Good Morning ... I am loving the salt and pepper shakers you found - I've recently started a collection of them - will you be adding these treasures to your booth at Monticello ? I check each time I'm there (which is way too often if you ask my husband !) to see if you've added 'my' black and white polka dot apron to your space ! Have a delightful weekend ... Patti

Andy's Attic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy's Attic said...

Well, I goofed up the first comment. Love the charm bracelet and always wonder why someone would give something like that to GW. The tie backs are wonderful!
Annette

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I'd keep the tie backs, too. Very unusual. Do you know that I found a white candle holder like yours? Yup...sold it....regrets now...

but we cannot keep it all, eh?

love ya.
becky

Linda Q said...

You found some good loot!
Now that I am selling somewhere again, I will be out more hunting too. I love that part of it, like finding treasure sort of!
Have fun, wish I were going to Tarte too!
Linda

My Shabby Passion said...

I am loving that braclet! Alot! Will you be selling that? Hopefully I'll see you at the Tarte barn today!
Michelle

Unknown said...

Love what you found!!! Thanks for sharing!

Barn House said...

OMG...I think you are trying to crash our new site!! :o)

Thanks so much for the mention, Sweetie!!

J & J

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Love the glass tie backs. What a find! They're all great finds.
Patricia :o)

Eileen@Star's Fault said...

The glass tiebacks, oh, be still my heart. I'm going right to ebay and search.....

Blessings ~ Eileen @Star's Fault