Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Inspired by Love

Inspired by my New Year’s “decision” to craft more, I invited my friend, Kate over for a day of soldering.  This was the first time I soldered without guidance or assistance from experience solderers. (Joy and Sheila, you know I’m talking about you)

Kate had never soldered before, but no worries as she took to it like a pro. DSCF0434

Here she is working on some of her charms.

The most fun part of soldering for me is putting together the images. This day, I decided to keep it simple and focus on images of love. I made some cute vintage rose square charms and uncovered a bag of glass drops that were purchased ages ago and made some bubble charms too. What fun!

Here are my creations.

DSCF0440

Some of Kate’s adorable charms.

DSCF0435

My creations will be heading over to my mall space as part of a Valentine’s Day display.

Kate and I had so much fun crafting we didn’t want to stop.  In fact, my dining room table is still covered with all of my supplies as I keep thinking I’ll have some time to sit down and make some more. The reality is that I have already brought out my box of jewels to work on some other crafty projects.  I’ll have to show you those on another post.  Hope you’re having a fun and possibly crafty week!

17 comments:

LBP said...

Your charms are really cute! I've never tried soldering before. It is kinda intimidating to me.

Blessings

Linda

The Feathered Nest said...

They all look wonderful!!! You girls are naturals at soldering ~ and I love the images you picked, so pretty! hugs and love, Dawn

Queenplinker said...

OMG, those are adorable!
P.S love the new header!
Regards, lynea

Florence said...

Love all your creations. I too have every thing to learn to make my own charms and can hardly wait. Hope to see you soon. Florence

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh how cute!!! I have always wanted to learn to do this. You girls sure made adorable pieces!!

...oh how I wish we lived closer....

xx
becky

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Crafting with a friend...nothing better!

BellaRosa said...

Both your charms are just beautiful! Sodering is something that I have on my list for the new year to learn...I am trying to learn new things even if they are out of my comfort zone :) Besos, Rose

Lori said...

how fun, crafting with a friend...i love the soldered charms that both of you made, they are wonderful...your new banner is so pretty...i love calling cards!!!

Sheri said...

Cute! Love the "bubbly" ones especially. I haven't figured out the soldering thing. You gals did some nice work!

You did a great job on your new header! It fits into the screen better, and you've got some great graphics in it.

Wanda said...

Those are all wonderful! I'm so impressed - and envious - with people who can solder. Y'all did a great job.

Crystal said...

These charms look just beautiful. My husband has been soldering for years. I asked him to teach me a few years ago. Just so I would know how. Well, now I can show him why :)
Thanks for sharing!

Inspired-Simplicity said...

Lisa,
I love your charms. Any chance I could buy one like the bubble charm with the peach rose? My e mail is hilliardcarolyn17@yahoo.com.
Thanks,
Carolyn

Faded Charm said...

These turned out great. Nichole and I are going to try our luck at this soldering craze. Wish us luck.

Hope you are having a wonderful week.

Kathleen

Coleen said...

how fun! its good to learn new things and you really have a knack for soldering! I have never tried it!

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Kate said...

I really loved learning how to solder Lisa. It was a really fun day and lunch was yummy too.

Anita said...

When the mood strikes, you gotta run with it. My dining room table is my workspace too right now....

Mitzi Curi said...

I love all of your creations. Your images are lovely, and they are perfect in the glass drops. I'd love to learn soldering, maybe there's a class somewhere in my town.....I'll have to add this to my New Year's resolutions!