Thursday, January 14, 2010

Crafty me

I don’t know what has gotten into me. Yesterday I woke up really, really early and couldn’t go back to sleep.  This is nothing new as I have had insomnia since I was a teen, but instead of getting up and going on the computer like I usually do for about an hour, I got up and stayed up.  I even did my morning hour long walk which was no big deal.

By 12noon I was a goner and decided that if I was going to make it through the day I needed a nap. After sleeping a couple hours I got up and felt great and was ready to get busy.  As I mentioned in my last post, I got out my jewelry supplies the other day and started planning the project I wanted to work on. I had sorted my jewelry bits and so I could start making some blingy belt buckles.  You probably remember seeing the ones I made last year on my favorite projects of 2009 post.

Well, I have been collecting, saving  and hoarding miscellaneous jewelry bits and pieces for awhile and had accumulated a few buckles as well, so I was all ready to go.  Lets just say, I became an obsessed blingy belt buckle maker and made five of them in one day.  Here they are.DSCF0442

I love how they turned out.  I even managed to make a few blingy hair pins too. DSCF0444

My bling box is looking pretty sad and empty right now so I’m going to be on the look out to replenish my supply.  I’m so glad I’m finally getting my crafting mojo back.  Next up will be some sewing projects I’ve been thinking about.

Today, I’ll be taking it easy though.  I’m going to go see “Young Victoria” with Isabel and Kate. Good times!

30 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

productive gal...loving the bling. Am sure your bling box will be full once those sales start back up!

Andy's Attic said...

Your belt buckles are so gorgeous! Wish I had the crafty ability...I'm trying to learn..old dog, new tricks :>)
Annette

Journal Swag said...

YUMMY! I love all the bling! The buckles are tdf and so are the bobby pins! Wish I had the type of hair to wear one! You're SO ambitious!

Hugs,
Sheila

Lori said...

ha ha, no wonder you are low on bling...you really loaded those babies up...i love your buckles!!!

Auntie Joy said...

Wow!! You rock Lisa! As for me, just pricing and packing... Hope to see you this weekend!
JOY!

mimi charmante said...

I can't wait to get together and get crafty in the not so distant future!!! ;)
xx

Miss Gracie's House said...

Love, love 'em! good for you for getting something done...I'm just dragging over here. How'd you like the movie?
Rene'

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Love the gorgeous buckles!!!

Sheila said...

I am sooooooooooooo glad you got your mojo back. Those belt buckles are stunning. If i could ever get my girlie figure back I might want one.. Great job

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Ooo! Very pretty! And look at all the fun you'll have replenishing your shiny things.

Cottage Rose said...

Wow wish I had that much energy,, your belt buckles are just so Beautiful,, very vintage.. and the hair pins so so pretty and dainty.. what a talent you have... let us know how the movie is... have fun...

Hugs;
Alaura

lulu said...

Love those, I love it when the universe collides just so and give me the craft buzz. Good work! Hoping to see you soon. OX

Alison Gibbs said...

Wow those buckles are sensational
Alison

Heidi Ann said...

Your creations are fabulous- and you inspire me.

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Lisa, those are ultra fab and beautiful creations - love them all! Don't stop now, girl!

Cheryl Miller said...

The belt buckles are SOOOOO cool! Great work, Lisa!--Cheryl

Inspired-Simplicity said...

Your new pieces are beautiful. We need to see those belt buckles on Etsy.
Carolyn~xo

Elyse said...

really beautiful.

is 44 too old for barrettes? gosh, they're cute!

xo

Von said...

OOOH!Yummy stuff!!

Crystal said...

Isn't it just great when you get that surge of creativity going. I love your creations. I love using up things I have, so I can go buy some more :) Life just feels satisfying.

Have a blessed weekend.

Betty said...

I just stopped by to wish you a belated happy new year and look what I see. Those buckles and hairpins are sooooo pretty!! I really do love them.

Sammy Girl said...

Yep! You can say that your crafting mojo is back ... in a BIG and BLINGY way!! Lovin' the sparkle!
Hugs,
Betty :)

City Hen said...

AMAZING! really, wow!
Hugs from Poland,
Rhonda

roseroomnz.com said...

Gorgeous, so sparkly and pretty! Rachaelxo

joysong said...

Oh so pretty! I luv 'em all!

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

I love these!! They are just gorgeous. Happy new year to you Lisa! xoxo

Rebecca said...

These look absolutely awesome! Have a lovely rest of the week.

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Rochelle said...

You're on a roll Lisa! Those are so neat! If I showed off my waist and wore a belt they would be perfect for me! Love the little hair adornments too!
xoxo
Rochelle

Unknown said...

I just found your blog and have been looking over all of your wonderful photos. I am new to blogging and don't really know how it all works. This is the first comment I have written. Your blog has inspired me. Do you sell your buckles and or can you do a project and explain the process to make one?? I love them!!!

PS. I showed my husband a pic of your garage because just yesterday he was complaining about having a 3 car garage and not being able to get a car in. Mine looks like yours filled with wonderful "STUFF" that needs worked on. Thanks for making my day.
Donna

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Lisa,

Oh these are gorgeous buckle's!
Love the bling!

Debbie