Monday, January 25, 2010

A Day at the Beach

On Saturday, my family and I decided to head to the Oregon Coast.  It had been awhile since we went and I was desperately needing a beach day.  We weren’t sure what the weather was going to be like, but we got really lucky as it turned out to be a beautiful and sunny day. That almost never happens at the Oregon Coast, in January!

Our first stop was at our must eat at place, Mo’s.

DSCF0018  

A trip to the beach isn’t complete without eating at Mo’s.  This time I had the most delicious crab melt (okay, I let my diet go a little bit) and a cup of their famous clam chowder.   YUM!

After lunch we spent a little time on the beach, just walking and hanging out. DSCF0022

It was so great just being together and the fact that it wasn’t raining was just icing on the cake.

Here you can see the sea lions enjoying the sunshine too. DSCF0020 

Another thing we like to do at the coast is to walk around the little neighborhoods looking at all the cool beach houses and picking our favorites.  This one had flowers blooming already.  DSCF0031

We then decided to hit a few antique shops and the kids wanted to stop at Candyland to pick up a few sweet treats.

Another stop at a grocery store to pick up some bread and drinks and back to the beach we went to feed the sea gulls. 

DSCF0033

DSCF0037

We headed home just after sunset tired and happy.  A great day! DSCF0028

Here’s a picture of the few things I found at the antique shops.

DSCF0544

A cool vintage ticking pocket organizer, rosebud pillowcase and vintage glove case.

I’ll be back for a White Wednesday post to show you a little project I worked on last week.

16 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

Oh, a perfect day at the beach!
Annette

seanymph said...

Wasn't Sunday gorgeous? And you were right down the road from me... hey I was down there too I just remembered and right by Candyland too. Omg, we could have passed each other and didnt know it lol

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Looks like a lovely day!!
Clam chowd'a? Nothing better!

hugs,
becky

Susan said...

I love your linens you found while at the antique shop!! Especially the rose pillow case and ticking. Good finds!

Sheila said...

We took a month long trip back in 2001 and left Arkansas and went up north then headed out west, we went to Eugene Org and loved it. We called it Gods Contry.. It was beautiful. It was in late june and we went up on Three Sisters Mnts. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

You were in Lincoln City! I miss it.....

roseroomnz.com said...

a wonderful day with yummy food and divine shopping! Rachaelxo

Elyse said...

i love this kind of day. thanks for sharing.

xo
elyse

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Oh...what a fun trip to the coast....we still have to meet for coffee...soon!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Florence said...

Oh how the ocean is calling me, I need a beach trip. I am going to have to work on that one. Florence

Into Vintage said...

So sunny! I love the Oregon coast and a little candy doesn't hurt either. :-) -amy

Ivy Bend said...

I'm so aching for summer so I can be at out cottage on the bay. Glad someone can visit water this time of year. It's all frozen up here in Central New York.

vignette design said...

I grew up in Oregon and so I know how rare a sunny day at the beach is in January. Looks like you and your family had a wonderful day. I miss Mo's clam chowder! I actually lived the first ten years of my life in Mapleton, Oregon--just inland from Florence. The Oregon coast is in my blood. --Delores

Rochelle said...

Love the Oregon Coast - and yes, no visit there is complete unless you've eaten 1 meal at Mo's! Love their clam chowder!
xoxo
Rochelle

Seawashed said...

Beautiful beachy day. It is fun to see that you have kids with crazy hair and clothes like I do. I have four 19-14 and between the four of them they've dyed their hair so many colors and have had me cut it in the strangest styles...long, short, spikey, mohawk...you name it. The teens nowadays are very creative/artistic and I think kind/caring/genuine.

makati condo said...

Love every photo you have shared. What a family you have, make me jealous.

Deirdre G