Sunday, November 16, 2008

Awesome Sale on Friday

I can't believe it is Sunday already. I have been a big bum this weekend. I decided that since the movie "Twilight" is coming out next week and there has been a lot of buzz about it, that I should read the book. Well, I did and I loved it. My daughter read the first three books and is currently on the 4th. I am currently on the 3rd. I love to read, but I have mentioned here before that when I do, I become obsessed and can get nothing done until I finish the book.

Today, I decided I would spend a little time cleaning my bedroom, dusting, doing a little rearranging, that sort of thing. Have you ever noticed that something that shouldn't take very long usually ends up taking a lot longer to do that you planned? Well, I cleaned one area and then I thought, "oh, that area on top of the dresser is a mess so I have to take everything off the dresser and dust every little thing, then I put everything back, but not the way it was before, I have to change things up a little bit to give it a fresh look.

Friday morning as I was driving through my town looking for Garage Sale signs, I noticed that there was a sale in our Old Town area so I stopped to check it out. Boy, was I ever glad I did. Lots of great vintage stuff. I just kept adding to the pile and I made several trips around the room and kept finding more stuff. The best part was that everything was so cheap. I think I spent a total of $35.00 for everything and I got a lot.

So, for your viewing pleasure, here are some shots of my finds from Friday along with a few things I picked up on my Wednesday run over to Monticello. I kind of squished everything together, but I was thrilled to find not one, but two etched mirrors, the floral print, vintage electric sconce and two suitcases.Better view of the metal shelf, suitcases and hats.Very cool vintage hats
Cute milk glass jar with pink chippy lid, shawnee flower pot and little shakersLittle fancy shoe, box of vintage stationery and ribbon
Receipt book, pocket dictionary and cute little photo album with rose thingy.

Cute end table/magazine rack (sold one very similar at Farm Chicks)

Box of miscellaneous vintage Christmas

I found this rolling cart at the Deseret Shop on Wednesday. Plastic liner, gone, cool fabric liner coming soon.

And finally a little folding wood bench. Already painted white and ready to go.

I also found some great linens on Friday including some gorgeous barkcloth fabric pieces. They are all soaking now, so I'll have to show them on another post. Hope you enjoyed my thrifty finds this week. TTFN!

13 comments:

Journal Swag said...

Great finds, Lisa! Hope to see you soon!

Sheila

Miss Gracie's House said...

Yep, great finds *again*!! Yard sales are finished for the season here, darn!
I hear ya on everything taking so long and one thing leading to another. I can't clean without decorating!
Have a great week!
Rene'

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Wow, you found some great things!
I am the same way when cleaning ~ it nearly always turns into decorating, or at least "tweaking"!!
:)
~Becca~

Gail said...

Lisa,
As usual, loving your finds!!! Way to go...
One of these days soon I'll make my way to Monticello, haven't been there yet.
Gail

Patina said...

Boy, you're not kidding Lisa, you did score big time! Great job!

Maison Douce said...

Hey, Lisa, next time you find such a great sale in our neighborhood, give me a buzz, I don't mind getting your leftovers!!! XO
Isabel

The Vintage Rose said...

Ooo! Another lover of roses and vintage things, I'm having such fun reading about your 'finds'. I'll have to show some of mine soon. But I'm in the middle of decorating my first engagement cake and keeping it simple.

Barn House said...

You definitely hit the jackpot for only $35! Thanks so much for the awesome present you got us!! We absolutely love it...it was the perfect "prop" in one of the pix we took at our last event. :o) Hope to see you soon...

J & H

Timi said...

As usual you have wonderful finds!

I'm reading Twilight also. I'm almost done and have the others stacked up here ready for me to start. WSU Laura and I are going to try and go to the movie Friday. I'm kind of excited.

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Wow! you found so much great stuff! Makes me want to go out and get some good garage saling in.

My daughter read the books, too, and really enjoyed them. I'm reading them next when I'm finished with the series I'm on right now. We're going to see Twilight, too.
Patricia :o)

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Wow weeee great finds, I have a couple of little porcelian shoes just like that too! My daughter and I are hanging out for twilight the film too, cant wait!! (I also read the book)
Alicia ~ time worn style

Anonymous said...

OH that little end table/magazine rack was a FIND!! I am so jealous!!!
Have a great weekend Lisa!

{oc cottage} said...

Oh my gosh! What a haul of treasures!!!!!!!!!

m ^..^