Fast forward to Wednesday when I finally decided I needed to go look at this dresser I found. Well, let's just say that I fell in love with this dresser, and, I offered $20 less than the asking price, and it was accepted so the dresser came home with me. Now, this dresser is a lot older and completely different from the one I showed on my last post and I paid a little more than $14.99 for it, but this one is way cooler in my book. So without further ado, here it is:
I love the chippy paint, the carvey parts and of course, the cute little drawer boxes on top. It is pretty dirty and stinky, things that don't really put me off, but come on, pink paint! Did I mention that I love it?!
Okay, now that I have completely bored you with the story of the new dresser, I will now bore you some more with 7 random things about me. Tammy tagged me to do this, so if you are bored with my list, blame her. If you are new to my blog and want to read some more boring stuff about me, you can click on the "stuff about me" category on my side bar. Here goes!
1. I love the beach! I do! Have always loved it. The Oregon Coast is so much different from the beaches in California where I spent the first 12 years of my life, but I think if I had to choose, I would choose Oregon. The beaches are peaceful and uncrowded and quite frankly my bikini sunbathing days are long over so that isn't an issue. We actually went to the beach today and I will share some pictures in my next post.
2.When I was a little girl, I loved to read. I still do, but just don't seem to find the time to do as much reading as I would like. Plus, if I do pick up a book, I have to read it from start to finish and nothing else gets done. When I was little, my favorite books were the Little House series. I bought them and read them all again a few years ago and they were still as wonderful as I remember.
3. I love buying vintage linens even if they are dirty. Like Joy, I get a thrill at seeing the dirty water when I soak my linens in Oxy. I know, this one is strange, but I really love seeing that dirty water because it just means I am getting my new old linens really clean.
4. In June of 2006, I fulfilled a long time dream and traveled to Paris. I went with my Dad for a week and loved every minute of it. I felt like I was dreaming the whole time. My Dad and I are huge movie buffs and while we were there, we saw three movies including Marie Antoinette which didn't get released in the U.S. until a year later. Two days after that we went to Versaille where the movie was actually filmed. I am dying to go back to Paris and maybe visit the South of France as well and hope to be able to in the next few years.
5. Until recently I have never considered myself to be artistic. I can't draw or paint or sculp or play a musical instrument or even sing well. Having this blog has really made me realize that I am artistic in my own way. I can create things, sew, decorate and those are all artistic things, right? I still fall into the trap of comparing myself to other artists I admire and I am really trying hard to be proud of my own ablities and creations.
6. My Mom is probably my biggest blogging fan. She is the only person in my family who reads my blog on a regular basis and she always gives me kudos on my posts. (In person, she never comments.) Thanks Mom!
7. This one you probably already know about me, but other than spending time with my family, I would rather go thrifting than do anything else. That includes garage sales, flea markets, antique shows, etc. If I had unlimited funds I would still buy most things second hand. I am too cheap to pay retail. Isabel and I are always joking that we would still go to the Goodwill if we won the lottery. Our dream would be to fly to the east coast, rent a uhaul and thrift our way back home. Maybe someday.
Well, there you have it. More than you ever really wanted to know about me and then some.
Hope you all have a truly awesome weekend!