Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Seven Things and My Day at the Flea Market

Cheryl at Periwinkle Vintage tagged me to do the 7 things about myself game. I have done this a couple times before, so if you have been reading my blog for awhile you probably already know quite a bit about me. If not, you can go to my sidebar and click on the "stuff about me" category to read past posts.

1. I am a non-confrontational person. I just want everyone to get along. That said, I hate it when people try to "buck the system." You know steal, cut in line, etc. and sometimes I will say or do something depending on the situation.

2. I love McDonald's Cheeseburgers. I know, gross, right? But my favorite way to eat them is to take the pickle off (I hate pickles) and put a layer of french fries on it. I know, this is a weird one, but I did it as a kid and I still like to do it. Now both of my kids do it too.

3. I hate to be late. To anything. It stresses me out and I will intentionally be early to something to avoid being late.

4. This one kind of goes along with the first one. One of my favorite quotes is, "don't sweat the small stuff." I read once somewhere that the "big stuff" is you are born and you die, everything else in the middle is small stuff. I try to live my life this way and not let things get to me. Basically I just want to be a happy person so I strive to do things that make me happy as much as I am able. We have a saying in our house that my hubby came up with and it's, "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

5. I love to laugh and try hard to never take myself too seriously. I also love to surround myself with people who love to laugh too.

6. When I was a kid, I loved to roller skate. I was completely passionate about it and at one point, thought I would become a professional roller skater. Of course, I didn't know that such a thing didn't really exist or that people wouldn't pay me to roller skate.

7. I also took lots of dance classes as a child. Ballet, tap, jazz. I was pretty good too, but we moved when I was about 10 years old to a new town and I just lost interest in dancing and started cheerleading instead. I wish I would have kept taking dance lessons and sometimes think I will take an adult ballet class just for fun.

Well, that's it. I thought it would be harder to come up with 7 more things about myself, but if you know anything about me, you know that I love to talk about myself. Really, I do. But even more than talking about myself, I love hear about other peoples stories. Oops, I guess that would be #8.

I mentioned in my last post that my hubby and I went to the flea market on Sunday. It was a good thing Isabel sold a couple things for me at Expo on Friday, otherwise I wouldn't have had any money to spend at the flea market. I get it, I spend it. Anyway, here is what I came home with.
I found a neat barkcloth era slipcover for a chair. Pretty much a cutter, but lots of pretty fabric to craft with, three old dolls, rose apron, bird cage, little tin mirror, spool of black velvet ribbon, little mirror, rick rack, black and white baby pictures, and some misc. rhinestone pieces, another old shopping cart (not pictured) and a scrolly pink metal holder thingy.
Here are the cute baby pics.
This doll is my favorite of the three.
This tiny cherub plate measures about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and says Limoges France on the back.
Well, this is #99 so you know what that means. Next post will most likely be on Thursday so come back and see what I have planned for the 100th post giveaway.

15 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Lisa, I love these fun tags. We really get to know each other better. Number1 is me too and I loved roller skating. I took dance skating for three years it was so much fun.
Neat goodies from the Sunday flea...but oh my, the Portand Expo looks wonderful and you hit the jackpot. I'm not anywhere near Portlnad but I would love to plan a trip around the expo...maybe someday. Have a happy day. Hugs, Linda

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Hi Lisa, Love the baby pics. Maybe I could scan a couple of them? Enjoyed reading your "7 Things". We think alike on many things! Have a good day, M.

Auntie Joy said...

Hi Lisa
Come on over I'll take you to McD's for lunch!!
JOY!

Sandi McBride said...

Oh Lisa, I love the tags...I hate that you hate pickles...I love them. And McDonald cheeseburgers...I put french fries on mine, too...ohhh, I want one right now! I don't blame you for buying that sweet little plate. I want to find a flea market that has all old "junk" not this cheap new crap from China that is all I see now...I loved it when it was "one man's trash is another man's treasure"...
hugs
Sandi

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Ooo I love the little plate with cherubs!
I'm also very laid back and hate to be around high strung types...much rather joke around and take things easy!

blessings said...

Oh my stars that plate is breathtaking! I was just over at the other Thing For Roses blog and saw the amazing gift that you sent to her! You're such a generous, kind person! I had to tell her about the things that you sent me =) btw...We starting a bloggers Friday Flea Market and I'd love for you to join us! I posted some info about it yesterday. Have a wonderful evening. Blessings.. Polly (oh and about the McDonalds thing.. my sister has always had their french fries with sweet and sour sauce... so your love of the burger isn't wierd!)

bee'nme said...

Fun load of treasures as usual Lisa - you have a great eye for goodies!! Love your 7 things - I'm a get-along kinda girl too - but I'm afraid I'm the opposite when it comes to being on time - I'm perpetually late (it is famously called "Becky-time" around here...if you're 5 minutes late, that's on time in Becky-time). Alas, I am not proud of it... Keep on treasure hunting girl - and loving life! Your fun and whimsy and warmth are contagious!

Hugs and blessings,
Becky S.

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Lisa! Oh my, I'm loving the old baby pictures. I just received one in a trade and posted about it today. I feel a new collection starting... uh oh... hehe
-Karoline

Suze said...

Love the vintage cabinet cards and the cherub plate...when I go to MC'D's with my kids, I always get a Cheeseburger happy meal (with a girl toy), only I ask for extra pickles. I've never tried it with french fries on it before. Although I love PB&J's with Lays chips layered on it. Grosses my kids out big time.

Suze

Cindy said...

Looks like you found some great goods! Love all the photos!

c

Miss Gracie's House said...

Hmmm...french fries on a hamburger...I think I'll have to try it sometime!

I think we are coming that way this weekend~would you mind sending me a list of "favorite" places to shop? Monticello is already on the list, of course.
curtandrene@fmtc.com

THANKS
Rene'

Linda said...

Hi Lisa, Please visit my blog, I've tagged you for a fun meme. Linda

Jeanne said...

I just discovered your blog. . it's wonderful.
p.s. I am a lover of pink roses too!
xo
jeanne

Lallee said...

Hi Lisa. How about if you give me the pickle? I order extra. It feels good to laugh doesn't it. My fave is to be with a bunch of girlfriends and to laugh our silly heads off.

Back Through Time said...

I love you little pink Nancy Ann doll!! I have several. Everything looks fabulous. Your 7 things were fun!
Have a great weekend
Michelle