Friday, August 24, 2007

Sewing Party? Yeah Baby!

What a fun day I had today with my good friends Joy and Isabel. Took the kids out to Joy's again and while they played, I got to play with my friends.

We all sewed up a storm. I completed three jackets and almost finished a shopping cart liner. Sew productive! ha ha

Here are Isabel (on left) and Joy. Aren't they just adorable? You can tell that they are just having so much fun. And look, they are both wearing pink. Too cute! Feel free to click on the picture for a close up. They would just love that.

We were actually sewing in Joy's shop called "Auntie Joys" but now it's mostly a work space. She does lots of antique shows and has special sales at her place throughout the year. Speaking of Joy, I didn't ask her if I could say anything, but I am going to anyway. Her home is being featured in the next Romantic Country Magazine! I am so excited for her. I promise you will love the pictures of her home.




Here is Joy modeling the apron she made today. Isn't it great! I just love that pink and brown combo, don't you? Hey, didn't I say that in a previous post? I think so. Well anyway, it really turned out so cute. I think she has at least six of these ready to go for the Oregon City Antique show this Sunday.


Close up of Joy's apron. Cute toes Joy!





















Here are some pictures of the jackets I did.















I'll take a picture of the completed shopping cart liner and show you a couple of my recent craigslist finds tomorrow. Gotta finish up all the little stuff, tagging, packing, loading tomorrow as I'm going to have an early start Sunday morning.

Before I go, I just want to say thank you for all of the blog love I received on my last post. I am truly amazed that people are actually reading and enjoying my blog. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling just knowing that there are others out there that share my interests and like looking at all my stuff.

Hugs to you all!

7 comments:

Seeb said...

I am glad to find your nice blog,same taste,love roses.so let me invite you to my new born blog I'll be glad to see your comments.

Seeb said...

can i add you to my friends?

blessings said...

Oooo I'm just green. I want to go there and sew with all of you!! Blessings... Polly

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Lisa! It looks like you are all having SEW much fun! My kind of gals ~ sharing friendship and hobby time. I so wish I lived closer! Your sewing area is great, too. Nice to stretch out in and everything you need is right there. Love the apron and your jackets are oooooooooo devine! I want one! TTYS, Becky

Betty said...

Oh I love that sewing room! I'm just visiting from Becky's blog and I am bookmarking you so I can come back. I love all of your creations!

Marilyn in NM said...

What a great blog! Sewing is one of my favorite things to do and I just love sewing "rose" fabric! The jackets are so cute....love them.

They Told Me to Write said...

I'm a novice sewer in the truest sense of the word. Your work is INSPIRING!