Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ah...Paris...

Isabel and I had a great time shopping in Aurora at the Antique Fair. It was a nice smaller size sale we were able to do in a couple hours. I tried to take some pictures of my treasures, just couldn't get the lighting right. Will try again later today.

I did manage to take a picture of my find from the other day. Remember the glitter letters spelling out "OUI?" I took some of the vintage ribbon I bought from the same person and strung it through the letters and hung it on my little jewelry cabinet. I have a little homage to Paris here along with a glass and metal tray of vintage rhinestone and handpainted roses brooches. It's hard to tell from my picture, but I have three eiffel towers and a little eiffel tower limoges trinket box. Last summer I was able to fulfill a longtime dream and visit Paris. I had such a wonderful time and can't wait to go back. Unfortunately we weren't able to hit the big flea markets they have there, but did check out a smaller one. Everything was super expensive, but I managed to bring home a few treasures. The best thing I got there was a tiny metal picture frame. They wanted 20 euros, but I bargained down to 15 (about $18.00). That was a lot for me to spend on a tiny picture frame, but I just love it! It is now home to a picture of the eiffel tower that I actually took.
This is Isabel and me at the Luxembourg Gardens on my last day in Paris. It was so hot that day and we ended up there after a day of shopping. See all that grass? I desparately wanted to plop down on it, but it was off limits. We eventually found a small patch of grass to sit down on with about a million other hot and tired people. I actually went to Paris with my dad and met Isabel there who was in Europe visting family. We had a so much fun! One day we did the touristy thing visiting the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and Place de Concorde. My favorite thing that day though was eating at the most wonderful creperie. Yummy! Citron et sucre (lemon & sugar) crepes are the best! Writing this is taking me back wishing I could have some more of those crepes right now.

2 comments:

Auntie Joy said...

hi Lisa
Enjoyed catching up with what you've been up too. We are home now and I have to go to the VA hospital with my dad tomorrow. I will talk to you soon.
Love you
JOY
ps you are a great BLOGGER!!

mamawillow4 said...

Who are those hotties in the picture??!! Oh yeah, that's you and me!! Ah, les bons temps!! So where are we going next...?!
Isabel