Thursday, April 28, 2011

Booth Update

It’s been awhile since I’ve shown pictures of my Stars booth.  Since I was just over there on Tuesday, I decided to take a few pictures so I could share what my space is looking like these days.

001

I just brought in that shabby dresser which resided in my house for a long time until I recently replaced it with another larger shabby dresser.

Got a call just yesterday saying that dresser sold. The day after I brought it in.  Wow!  The coolest thing (other than the fact that it sold so quickly) is that it was bought to be used as a prop in the movie “Gone” being made in Portland.  I need to do a little research to find out more about this movie.

002

I don’t know if I’ve ever shown this little cabinet before, but I love it.  I think it’s just adorable and wish I had a place for it. I was going to paint it, but I think it has a nice finish on it.

003

A couple weeks ago, I built this little hanging shelf to house all my vintage clothes for sale.  I had them hanging in several different spots in my booth and I thought it would look nice to have them all together in one spot. The only thing I had to buy for this project was the hanging brackets ($8.00 for the pair at the local re-builder store). I had the wood for the shelf, the dowel, the finials and even the lace already on hand.  I have to say, I was pretty proud of myself after completing this simple project and the best part?  I didn’t even measure the space where I wanted to put it.  Just got lucky.

004

Not sure if I’m loving this area.  Parts are okay, but I need to do something about those little shelves.  I guess I just got tired and put them there.  They are pretty cute and should be hung up.  Maybe on my next visit.

006

I like how this little area turned out.  Seeing these pictures is making me realize something though.  I need more smalls. 

The same day that I visited my booth, I also hit a few thrift stores in the area.  So glad I did as I found several vintage lamps.  One of the many things I love, collect and sell.

007

The one on the front, left was found in the bins. It has no electrical, but I love it’s size and shape. The far right lamp I found at Stars.  The one on the back, right I found at Goodwill and the other two at Value Village.  I think the cream metal with the glass is my favorite.  I have been selling quite a few vintage lamps lately, so I was very happy to find these.

I also found several vintage nighties which will be joining all the others that are quickly filling up the clothing rack that I’m planning on taking to Farm Chicks.  I apologize if I am talking too much about Farm Chicks these days, but that is where my mind is right now. I’m just so glad that I am motivated to work on projects.  I guess I work well under pressure. Hope your Thursday is a happy one!  I’ll be doing a little painting here at Project Central.

11 comments:

Elyse said...

your booth looks great and is filled with great stuff!

(how could you not talk about the farm chicks? i know i would! enjoy!)

xo
elyse

Andy's Attic said...

Your space looks so good! I love the cabinet with the natural wood. And you did a super job with the clothes rack. I saw many things there could come home with me.
Annette

Sheila said...

Good morning!
Such a grewat booth...I need to get over to my space today and take in new goods :) i hope a lot of my stuff is gone to make room lol...enjoy your day.

Smiles,
Sheila

Vintage Station said...

It's looking great! I also love the little lamps. Next time you're in the shop I'll tell ya my little secret about the lamps.

kluless said...

How fun that the dresser will be a movie star! I don't get over to Stars very often but I can see I'm missing out and need to make a point to drive over more often!

A Cottage Muse said...

Wow...it looks amazing!!

GardenGirl said...

Farm Chicks...we're right there with you;) It's going to be sunny this weekend! I feel inspiration seeping back in. Thanks for the inspiration! Come to 2nd Saturdayz on the 14th for some good Junkin! It'd be so fun to have you.
Deb @ Garden Party

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Your booth is inviting...too bad I am so far away! I wish I could visit you at Farm Chicks too...who knows? Maybe someday. I admire your handy work with the clothes rack...it turned out great! :)

Glenda said...

I love the lamps!!! I see many items in your booth that I would love to own.
~G~

Chanel'ShabbyRose said...

HI I think your spot looks great have you ever thought about puting up some old shutters them you can hang the shelves up it would look really cute.In my booth i use old doors..ps i love the dresser that sold how cool for it to be in a movie have a wonderful day

Mary

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh yummmmy! Can't wait to get back to Portland... :-) I see I have some shopping to do.

Huggies,
Spencer